Finding Time. ..

Options
softblondechick
softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
Okay, I am finding that time for exercising is just not that easy. I am not a morning person. Attempting to get up at 5 am to exercise has not worked. After work, dinner, baths, homework, lunches, laundry, stopped at bank and Post Office after work...no excuses, just trying to figure out how to make this happen...anyone else who can relate? Open to suggestions.

Replies

• omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to think a proper workout was 1 hour but it turns out you can get a great workout in 15-30minutes. Sometimes I do a YouTube workout that is 15 minutes and that is quite enough. No matter how busy you are there's always 15minutes in there somewhere.
  • shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You could do the "sneak a work out challenge" it inkludera all Kinds of things like after you youre the restroom do 15 squats and run up stairs instead of walking, walk around while talking on the phone etc.

f2aoxaf8nizf.jpg
    3w13204jq3gk.jpg
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I do take stairs all the time. And park far away from the door, in back of parking lot. I should have more motivation. And less fatigue.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    omelet2000 wrote: »
    I used to think a proper workout was 1 hour but it turns out you can get a great workout in 15-30minutes. Sometimes I do a YouTube workout that is 15 minutes and that is quite enough. No matter how busy you are there's always 15minutes in there somewhere.
    Yep. I agree. I wake up at 5am just to be at work on time (commute!) I am exhausted at the end of the day, but fit in as much as I can. I usually have 1/2 - 1 hour 3 times a week..the rest is just 15 minutes here and there. I also park really far from the door, use the stairs and walk documents over to peoples desks rather than interoffice. Every little bit helps.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I always park in the back of the lot. Mostly to avoid someone dinging my truck, but it does burn a few extra cals.
    I always choose the stairs too :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of free time, but I do try to talk a walk around the school when I'm at work and I do a few squats in the faculty bathroom every time I go. I do at least 10 minutes of stretches/squats/planks/etc. right before bed on most nights. When I'm actually home in the evening, I walk on the treadmill while watching shows on my kindle. Its not a lot, but little things add up.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    I always park in the back of the lot. Mostly to avoid someone dinging my truck, but it does burn a few extra cals.
    I always choose the stairs too :)
    I work with mostly women..who drive SUV's the size of Texas AND California put together...I try to park as far from them as possible. Don't want SUV dings on my car! LOL