Let's Get to Know You

Options

Replies

• ColleenWestico
    ColleenWestico Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    1. I am 47, married with 2 children and live close to Boston.
    2. I weigh 195.8 this morning, finding it hard to get out of the 190s!
    3/4. My goal weight is in the 160s. I'm trying a program called Reso--balancing stress and learning healthier eating habits. I'm working up to a 5K again and take exercise classes once a week. Working long hours, hard to find the balance between exercise and family time. My daughter is doing some running intervals with me--so this is will help me feel less guilty taking exercise time!
    5.I log via phone, this morning I'm on the computer
    6. Saturday is my best day to weigh in and document on the spreadsheet.
    7. Yes, I like mini challenges, although I missed this one this week.
    8. Great to find others on this journey, best wishes everyone!
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    1. I am 24, single, no children.. Currently a postgraduate student and im from Malaysia!
    2. Current weight: 145 lbs, started at 178 on Jan 2015. ive been on MFP for a few years.. im getting commited with this, starting Jan 2015.
    3. My goal weight is 121lbs (my height is 155cm), and im doing healthy eating + calorie counting + excercise :smile:
    4. Woke up, breakfast, workout, campus or if not, going out anywhere fun, sleep and the cycle repeats
    5. Both my laptop and tablet actually.. which one is the closest to me at that time..
    6. Friday.. sometimes on sunday..
    7. Im kinda interested in that :smiley:
    8. i live along with my friends, and i absolutely love cooking! so, healthy eating is not really a problem.. Im looking forward to reaching the goal weight, so, this group would be one of my motivation booster to keep me going!
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old have 3 children ; 2 girls and one boy.
    Live in El Monte, Ca.
    Current weight is 186. Goal weight is 155.
    I've been on MFP for about 6 years.
    Just had back surgery Sep 2014 so it's kinda hard for me to work out how I would like..loosing motivation..
    I login mostly on my phone..
    I'm excited to be here
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 34,5 ft, i have 2 beautiful daughters,
    sw-149
    cw-145
    gw-115
    i didn't start working out till 2 weeks ego. i eat healthy but i still gain lbs if am not doing any workout lol my body is cruel to me like that and i lose lbs very slow but its ok. with this group i know i will lose some more.
    Good Luck yall :)
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oh and almost forgot. i make sure to log in everyday.
  • RollingThunder887
    RollingThunder887 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Jim, feel free to request to be a friend...

1. 46, happily married with 2 boys at 11 & 13. Live in Minnesota.

2. Currently at 274 but the weigh in is tomorrow for May, so I'll update that shortly.

3. Goal is 220, need to watch quality and quantity of what I eat, (thus MFP!) I will soon be running during lunch hour and commuting via bike for work, 22 miles round trip. Thank God they have showers here.

4. My routine is hell. I work 2 jobs. Up at 1AM, back to sleep at 6AM. Wake again at 7AM, work and back home by 5:30PM and try to get to bed at 8PM. Rinse and repeat.

5. Both.

6. I'm flexible, but believe it's setup for Fridays, correct?

7. Love mini challenges.

8. Any other information... Hmmm, I'll be tracking my workouts on Endomondo, so you can friend me there as well. Used to play rugby in college. I'll be struggling on quality as even though my family is on board with eating healthier, time will be of the essence if you see my daily routine. Weekends will be time spent prepping meals and foods for the week. I was laid off and we lost the house a few years ago, so that's why I'm busting my butt to get us back to a restart of our lives. Unfortunately, I lost focus on the health. That needs to get back on track with the finances and I'll be leaning on you guys for motivation.

Jim
  • deathbybunny
    deathbybunny Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1. 40, single, no children, Athens, Greece.
    2. Current weight 199.3 (though I'll weigh again tomorrow in order to fill in the spread sheet), first got here last July 2014, but really started logging early January 2015.
    3. My final goal weight is 127.86 (maybe 121.25, but I'll see how it goes/feels). I don't use a specific method, just the regular CICO. Recently, I upped my calories from 1200 to 1400 and log my exercises with 1 calorie, since I don't own a tracker/hrm and I don't trust mfp's exercise database. I eat up to 95% of those 1400. I will re-adjust when I start exercising at a gym and get a hrm to keep better track of my burned calories. This last adjustment works perfect for me so far. (Recently I found out this is called TDEE-20% or something, but I don't really care about labels to tell you the truth. As long as it works for me, I'm cool :P)
    4. Work from home, on a computer most hours of the day. I take my dog for two daily walks and right now I also workout at home. I cook my meals from scratch and I LOVE cooking. I don't really enjoy fast food, sodas, but once in a while I will plan ahead if I want to order.
    5. Mostly through my computer if I want to log food, comment etc, but now and then I'll log in from my phone if checking is just what I want to do.
    6. Friday or Saturday
    7. Sure
    8. I just wanted to say I'm very excited to find so many motivated, focused, like minded people here. I'm really grateful! That's all! Oh, I also use Loseit!
  • Ichasestorms
    Ichasestorms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Liz

1. I'm 30, married, no children as of yet although I hope to start my family soon, I live on the west side of Phoenix, AZ
    2. I weigh 247.5 lbs =( I originally started MFP in 2009 and had a lot of success. Ended up injured and fell off the wagon and it has been a struggle ever since.
    3. My final goal weight is somewhere between 140-150 lbs. My first goal is 199. I'm starting with baby steps - first step is to eliminate all the liquid calories (no soda - no coffee - sweet tea on a rare occasion). Then I will begin to adjust the rest of my diet and start an exercise routine.
    4. Right now, nothing. I'm starting from square one. I try to get out and go for a walk 2-3 times a week.
    5. I use my phone & computer, but mostly my computer
    6. I'm fine with any day to weigh in
    7. Sure! But hopefully not too many or ones that are above my current capabilities (like I said I'm starting from square one so a 100 push-up challenge or run a mile would kill me LOL)
    8. I'm a goofball and love to have fun! ;) Hoping to find my stride and get in a nice groove so I can finally drop some weight, I'm tired of being such a big girl. It's affecting every aspect of my life and I'm ready to be done with it.
  • amyrunsforhersanity
    Options
    1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live. 39, married, 3 children, southwest Ohio.
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP 163, I have had app for a couple of years but have never used it regularly.
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using. Goal is 135. Eating healthier and watching portions. I'm a runner since 2011.
    4. What is your daily routine. I work 3 twelve hour shifts a week. Y days off I get my kids to school, run, then do what I need to do :)
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post) Both, mostly phone.
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you. Friday's OK.
    7. Do you want mini challenges? Yes
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know. I can't eat gluten :) I LOVE running, hate lifting.
  • leah_getsfit
    leah_getsfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. Hi, I'm 24 years old, no children! Live in Ontario.
    2. Currently I'm around 160lbs. I've been using MFP on and off for a couple of years but made a new account to have a fresh start!
    3. My goal weight is maybe around 125? My lowest weight before at my height 5'7" was around 120 but I had no muscle at all. I'm trying to eat around 1300 calories a day, making sure I get enough fibre and protein (these are problems for me) and I just joined a gym I go to about 5 days a week for small workouts.
    4. I work 5-6 days a week varying shifts so it all depends. I now try to make working out a part of my daily routine, but I really just enjoy sitting around on the computer :/
    5. Both!
    6. Any day!
    7. Yes please! Any little challenges are motivators for me.
    8. I've always done this in the past by myself, and I tend to succeed for short periods of time and then completely revert back to my old habits. For the first time I'm now getting involved in the MFP community and I hope this can help me have long term success. Let's all work hard together :)
  • aldathorunn
    aldathorunn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I believe I haven't introduced myself yet… I guess it's time to remedy that. :blush:

1. I am 43 years old and in a relationship with the father of my three children ages 1, 3 and 5. We live in Reykjavík , Iceland.

2. Currently I weigh 214,3 pounds and I have been on MFP for 99 days.

3. I have a few smaller goals, but my ultimate goal weight is around 165 pounds. My exercise consists of going three times a week to a gym, there I do group sessions with a trainer. I also try to go out walking with my kids as much as I can, if the weather allows. :smiley:

4. My routine mainly revolves around my kids. Getting the older ones to kindergarten and taking care of the little one. Cooking, cleaning and other exciting stuff. My parents in law take care of the baby when I go to exercise, so that's a fun me time. If they are not able to babysit for some reason, I try to go to the gym in the morning.

5. I mainly log on the phone.

6. Friday

7. Mini challenges are fun I think. :smiley:

8. Any other information you might think we need to know. - I am icelandic and english is not my first language.. although I am pretty fluent due to going as an exchange student to the US. Otherwise I am just happy to see like minded people that are having some of the same struggles regarding the weight. :blush:
  • swatilr
    swatilr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My introduction

1. I am 33 years, married for 7 years, no children as of now (that is one of the major reasons I am loosing weight) I live in India.

2. My current weight is 186 lbs and I have been on MFP for a long time but seriously started using it from January this year.

3. My ultimate goal weight is 120 lbs, I am trying out low sugar and restricted calorie diet and trying to loose weight by mostly walking/jogging combined with some at home strength exercises.

5. I am usually up by 6:30 clean the house, do some stretches 15-20 mins, get ready for work, have breakfast and out of the house by 8. I have a sitting with the laptop kinda job. Though I try to walk and take the stairs as much as possible at work. I am back home by 6:30 pm and enjoy a cup of tea with my husband and cook dinner. Go for walk /jog or about 40-45 mins (I try to make it daily but it happens at-least 4 times a week). Have dinner sit, talk and watch TV with my husband for a while. It is usually around 12 when I hit the bed.

5. I use both my laptop and phone to log-in

6. I check in on my weight almost everyday, but for logging in MFP I do it once a week, mostly on Fridays.

7. Yes, would love mini challenges, great way to keep yourself on track :)

8. I had PCOS and my hormones were quite disturbed. I was on medication for more than a year and I am clear of this as of last 3 years. I have a family history of hyper tension.
  • scpr542
    scpr542 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live. 28 will be 29 in July 10 plus years married 4 children 9,8,5,3 Sayre Pennsylvania
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP as of this morning 218.5 been on for a couple years ago but just got serious in April
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using. Goal weight 140. I exercise and watch what I eat. As of recently a low carb and sugar diet recommended by my dr
    4. What is your daily routine. Wake up get 2 of 4 children to school then I go for a walk clean my house try to get in an afternoon work out time permitting dinner homework and either play out side with kids or walk
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post) I use my phone to log computer for spread sheet
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you. Thurs fridays can be very hectic in my house
    7. Do you want mini challenges? New so guess I'll try
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know. I have lunch syndrome which is a gene mutation I have a whole crap load of dr who watch me like I am a toddler I had a hysterectomy in October 2013 and assumed I could eat as I normally did and gained 70lbs menopause stinks
  • LoneWolfSNC
    LoneWolfSNC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1. I'm 29 years old, single, and just recently moved to Portland from Los Angeles.
    2. Currently 374, weight has always varied between 270 and 340. Had some life events and got upto 385.
    3. My goal weight is about 230 with body fat % under 12%
    4. I'm currently following a weightlifting program and using interval training for cardio
    5. I typically use the computer as I'm on it for work
    6. I typically weigh in on Fridays, might have a cheat on Saturday and then get back to clean eating for the week.
    7. I've never really done a challenge but I'm in a new area where I don't know a lot of people and I'd love to be a part of a support group where I can help motivate others and get a motivated on my off days
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    Options

1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live. I'm 38 (39 in July), married, have a 9 year old son and live in Scotland.
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP. I am currently 150-ish, started at 191lbs and have been using MFP for about 3 years.
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using. My goal is 130lbs. I try to eat a weekly total of 11550 cals or less ( an average of 1650 cals a day) I workout every day and participate in a couple of other Challenge groups.
    4. What is your daily routine. I do whatever I feel at the time.
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post). Computer and tablet.
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you. Friday
    7. Do you want mini challenges? Maybe. I have a lot going on in my other challenges though.

• loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1. 18, single, nope, and Pennsylvania.
    2. CW: 150- about 2 years
    3. 120 lbs- just general deficits and actually getting off my butt.
    4. Stretch, breakfast, school, homework, dinner, bed. :smile:
    5. Phone, sometimes computer.
    6. Saturday
    7. Do you want mini challenges? Yes!
    8. Mmm not that i can think of.
  • DanielleH1708
    DanielleH1708 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Danielle I'm 27 married have 2 children 6 years old and 2 months. I live in Des Moines Iowa.
    2. I'm 222 :(. I just started mfp again but had it back in 2011
    3. Goal weight is 160. I've been eating more healthier and cutting out so much sweets. I'm doing jillian micheals body revolution and going to be getting a Fitbit to help move more.
    4. Changes bc of my baby lol
    5. Mostly phone but have access to computer.
    6. Right now I do it on Sunday's but I can change
    7. Yes. I think that'll motivate me more and help me get more on track.
  • Serenity118
    Serenity118 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. I am 40, single, and have 2 boys ages 14 and 19. We live in Toronto Ontario
    2. Current weight 172. I just started with MFP this week
    3. Goal weight 130. I am counting calories and exercising 5x per week ( combo of cycling, weights, and circuit training)
    4. I work 8-3, then exercise, and then do the whole after school and dinner thing...I'm trying to shift exercising to the morning since it's been getting too hot in the afternoons.
    5. Usually phone, sometimes computer
    6. Any day for weigh-ins is fine
    7. Sure!
    8. Please feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • thinkpink73089
    thinkpink73089 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Hi I'm coleen - age 25, married with children (one mine, two step), live in gainesville, fl
    Fluctuate between 135-128, been using the app for just short of a year
    Goal weight is 125 (maybe 120 but I don't want to set my goals too high)
    Method of diet I stick with whole
    Foods, try to eat mainly fruits & veggies, avoid things with added sugar for the most part. For excersize I try to go for fitness walks everyday for at least 30 min and then do small ab workouts and butt workouts when I can.
    I work early at a cafe everyday and then come home and take care of kids and husband. Try to fit in excersize when I can.
    Use phone primarily
    Any day
    Yes I'm not sure what that is but I'm ready for a challenge!
    8. I tend to fall off the wagon with eating healthy and staying active when stuff gets crazy at work. I need someone to help keep me on track!!

• adri_rene208
    adri_rene208 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I’m Adrianna =)

1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live.-24, Single, I have a 2 year old daughter, Arizona
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP-207.6 I have been using MFP on and off for a few years now but have been more active in logging these past few months.
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using-My ultimate goal weight is 140. Right now I am counting calories and making healthier choices however I am very interested in the Paleo lifestyle and would like to give it a try. I have a gym membership but recently I have been doing a lot of walking and the 30 days shred/ Slim in 6 DVD’s.
    4. What is your daily routine-I work 8-5 so I try to get a short 20-30 min workout in on my lunch break. Dinner is usually before 6:30 and I get a workout in before bed.
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post)-Phone
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you-Friday’s are my current weigh in day but I have not preference.
    7. Do you want mini challenges?-Yes =)
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know- This is my first challenge and I am hoping that it help keep me accountable!