Frequency - repeating week 1 during rest days?

Options
Hey,

I'm enjoying doing C25K every other day, but some days I miss the burst of energy and was wondering whether on those it would be a good idea to do week 1 training, so it's less intense but I'm still able to get some movement into my day?

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'd approach it from a different angle. Running is quite a stressful activity on your body, if you are on C25k your body is adapting to the stress, the rest days are making your stronger. The exercise days make you weak. It sounds odd but the rest days are required to prepare you for the next exercise session. If you want a burst of energy, just walk or cycle or swim or indeed anything other than run. When you have been running for a while then you can see if you can cope with running every day or most days. But for now, although your enthusiasm if inspiring it is also likely to lead you to an overuse injury and leave you unable to run for days or weeks. How do I know, I was there 30 months go. You may dodge that bullet, most don't.

Have fun whatever you decide to do.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Wise words, Robbie!

On my rest days from running, I usually ride my bicycle.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Yep, listen to Robbie. Especially when in the C25K period. Don't over do the running, walking or cycling is fine.