After 5 is where the calories go up!!!

Options
10alliemarie
10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
I really need to get organized so that I quit eating so many calories after work. I eat way to much! If I tame that down I think I will start losing pretty good. Has anything worked for you to solve this problem?

Replies

• leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's tough for sure. I think it really depends on what you're eating all day, I know in the past when I didn't eat right before dinner, I would charge through the front door like a crazy woman needling dinner! And usually carbs and comfort food. When I'm on track, I make better choices. What does your tropical day look like?
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I had to just tell myself NO BAD SNACKS. i stick to light popcorn or yogurt. I stayed the same weight for a year - all because of after dinner snacks.
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast that is usually 300 calories. At work I usually have about 500-600 calories. Which leaves me about 700 calories in the evening. I don't really snack in the evening I just eat way to large of meals. High calorie comfort dinners.

So I guess I know where the problem is and that is a good thing. Now I just got to put changes into place gradually.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The time after supper and before bed has always been the worst time for me. I want to eat so bad. I moved my supper time to 7:30 and it has helped me immensely. I am still full when bedtime comes so it is much easier to overcome my urge to snack. Back in the day we were advised not to eat after 5 or 6 or what we ate would turn to fat. Remember that nana? Now, it doesn't matter when you eat as long as you don't go over on your calories. I wonder what it will be 20 years from now.
  • zacksnana
    Options
    The time after supper and before bed has always been the worst time for me. I want to eat so bad. I moved my supper time to 7:30 and it has helped me immensely. I am still full when bedtime comes so it is much easier to overcome my urge to snack. Back in the day we were advised not to eat after 5 or 6 or what we ate would turn to fat. Remember that nana? Now, it doesn't matter when you eat as long as you don't go over on your calories. I wonder what it will be 20 years from now.

Lol i sure do remember that! And "eating back workout cals" was UNHEARD of. I gotta say that does stick with me. I don't eat them back. I consider myself over goal if I go into those. I tried eating back and never lost. So food was under estimated or burns overestimated. So I solved the issue by not eating back. Now I'm losing again.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,179 Member
    Options
    I figure that exercise calories are a cushion but I tend not to eat more than 10% of them back.
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    gy4k45wwan12.jpg
  • zacksnana
    Options
    lol. Love it!