cooking on fast days

zahid222
zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
Hi Guys! I started fasting January 7th and thus far lost 9 lbs. Initially I was very motivated and did not touch anything I cooked on fast days. Recently I find it difficult cooking while fasting especially at the end of the day when my stomach is wringing on itself in hunger. This has been the only way I could lose weight without feeling very deprived . I do not want to give up . Anybody have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Chewing gum while cooking helps me a lot when I'm cooking. Maybe you can plan for a low calorie snack at the end of the day?
  • zahid222
    Thanks, Karen sounds like a good idea. I'll try to eat a low cal snack before I cook . Chewing gum makes me more hungry though.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Can you cook on a a non-fast day or use a less involved method like slow cooker? No need to torture yourself on fast days.
  • I also find I can't bear to cook on a fast day so I make dinner the day before and the family can just reheat themselves. So I might make a curry and rice or a pasta dish leave it in the fridge and them it's just a case of wacling it in the microwave . I am considering cooking in batches and then freezing for the days when I don't have time to cook an additional meal
  • Jules190179
    Jules190179 Posts: 57 Member
    Water, coffee, and keep busy!
  • zahid222
    jknight, I do try to cook in non fast days but somehow still have to cook on fast days I have to plan better and turnercherrie, my husband is old school and would not like to heat up food, even if I don't cook on a fast day I don't see him fixing his own plate. But I will do what I can do like try not to cook on fast days, eat something before cooking and plan better, thanks so much for you suggestions!!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    I was tempting fate yesterday and made 3 lots of cake yesterday, fast day, and was OK untill this morning, 2 bit of chocolate concrete and one of savory flapjack lept into my mouth. OOOooooooopppppps. and then we are out to dinner tonight. Well I will try to be a bit restrained.
  • mariannehgv
    mariannehgv Posts: 34 Member
    haha, Marmitegeoff, I hate it when that happens.
  • mariannehgv
    mariannehgv Posts: 34 Member
    @zahid222 Wouldn't it be very entertaining to see your husband struggle in the kitchen on a fast day? At least you'll have company, because he might end up fasting as well :-)
  • zahid222
    @zahid222 Wouldn't it be very entertaining to see your husband struggle in the kitchen on a fast day? At least you'll have company, because he might end up fasting as well :-)

I might give it a try!!