I feel like crap.

janhiness
janhiness Posts: 32 Member
I fell off keto after the holidays and now I've gotten the motivation to start again. The first time I got lucky and didn't get the flu. Now I see what some people were talking about this is horrible. I know I need to eat but God I can't stomach the thought of food or fat for that matter. I'm so shaky I just feel very weak. I hope this passes soon. thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    I messed up my Keto at Xmas, and have only just managed to get back under control. 4 days in. I have a cup of vegeta with butter in it about mid morning, the salt seems to help a great deal. No headaches, no nausea.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Try at the very least to get your electrolytes up, that helps the transition.
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Drink some canned broth to help with your sodium levels. Make sure you also supplement potassium and magnesium. Drink plenty of water.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I would also suggest figuring out if any fats sound tolerable, because I survived both jolts of the flu (stepping down to 50 g, then to 25 g) but sodium loading like crazy and fat loading like crazy. Fat bombs are a decent way to sneak in the fats, dips for whatever else you are eating, and honestly, straight heavy cream or such if you've the carbs for it... Loading up my sodium allowed me to up my water and and my fats, and that is what I attribute my survival of that flu phase to... I also dropped almost all sweets and carbs in general those first two weeks, too. bulletproof coffee or tea might be a way to get in some fats without throwing up the fat radar... LOL