Today's WOD

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    20 RM Back Squat. Going to push it today. I think I went 185 last time. Somewhere in the low 200s today depending on how I feel.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Kelly will love this one.

Partner WOD. 4 rounds for time (each partner does 4 rounds and rests while the other partner goes)

500m row
    400m sprint
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Curlychip wrote: »
    Wow!

Curly, did it with 205. Got to about 16 and my groin area (hamstring/groin) started cramping as it usually does when I'm getting "good for me" depth on my squats. Called it off at that point to make sure I could walk for the rest of the week. Still sore and I did lunges the other day too..which did not help.
  • Curlychip
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Warm up:
    400m row
    3 x (3 burpees, 6 pressups, 9 squat jumps)

WOD:
    A) 2-2-2-2-2 Thrusters for quality - 32kg
    B) 21 thrusters, 21 power cleans, repeat with 15, then 9. - 17kg, 13 min 21 sec

lol! meant to be a B not a smiley
    I scaled of course (actually only 3kg below on part A)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I am not looking forward to this one.

"Spiralizer"
    For time:
    Row 500m
    50 OH Reverse Lunges (35/25 Plate)
    Row 400m
    40 Box Jump Overs (24"/20")
    Row 300m
    30 Burpees
    Row 200m
    20 KB Swings (2/1.5)
    Row 100m
    10 Hang Power Cleans (185/125)

I'll probably scale the box to 20, swings to 1.5 and maybe the cleans down to 155/165. 185 is right near my 1RM and probably won't be feasible at the end of all that other stuff.

• Curlychip
    Options
    My first shot at Karen. Thats a mind one - I counted in 7s!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Curlychip wrote: »
    My first shot at Karen. Thats a mind one - I counted in 7s!

How did you do? (don't have to tell us your time, just whether you were happy with it) :)

• Curlychip
    Options
    Lol! Yes my time wasn't that great, but I pushed on through so Im happy. Also the others said my technique was good B) It helped to have them yelling at me when they finished.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I don't remember my Karen time. Under 10 minutes I believe. I think I did a 14lbs ball as wall balls tend to tweak my lower back in high volume.
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    I've never actually done Karen. I've done Karabel though. You can probably guess what that is - Karen and Isabel merged. 10 rounds for time of 3 snatches and 15 wall balls.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^That's awful. Karen is bad enough on her own. Deceptively so too IMO. I'm pretty decent with wall balls and banged off the first set of 25 easy enough. Right around 75 is where I was like "damn it I'm only half done"
  • Curlychip
    Options
    :s Doing it in 7s (and being slow as usual) stopped that in some ways - I was ok till I got to about 115.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yikes, Karen is one of the few girls i can do, but would skip that day...lol I am so bad at anything with wallballs and thrusters it would take me days. We had a 75 wallball and 800M run buy in one night. And all the people running were in before i even finished the wallballs. fortunately i was proficient in the amrap part so i caught up, but talk about ego blow!
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    My worst wall ball WOD was called a 'Ham Sandwich'

For time:

50 wall balls
    25 deadlifts
    50 wall balls

EMOM 5 burpees until all reps are completed.

^ Destroyed me.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    there would be minutes where all I did was the burpees.....
  • Curlychip
    Options
    :o:p
  • Jelymu81
    Jelymu81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Karen is my nightmare WOD! I used to really like doing WB's and now I get anxious when I see them in a WOD. I liked it when I did it early on with a 10# ball and now doing it RX, I hate it. If your technique was good, thats a HUGE accomplishment.
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    At the competition on Sunday the wall balls were actually against a wall. Threw our athletes out completely :( we are used to doing them against a target on the rig. Amazing how much difference that solid wall in your face makes
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I might move to the target instead of the wall, It might make me more consistent on the throw and catch. With the wall, I find myself having to shift my feet to get in position to catch it.