6-week post-op appt., scan for blood clots, and leg pain...

Options
So I had my 6-week post-op appointment yesterday and I'm down 39 pounds (since last formal weigh-in, 2 weeks before surgery). Good stuff. However, over the last few days I have been having a lot of weird leg pain...and I let the doctor know (usually I keep silent about my ailments, assuming they will go away on their own). They immediately sent me down for a scan to make sure there wasn't a blood clot....and there wasn't, which I assumed, but it is better to be safe than sorry! Anyway, this achey pain is now in both legs and it is awful. I am wondering if it is restless leg syndrome. I pray it is just a weird thing that will go away in a few days. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about restless leg syndrome, or what else could be causing this feeling? It is definitely not muscle aches from exercise...it is deeper...more constant...more bothersome.

Replies

• LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I don't but I hope all the nurses on here will chime in. Just so glad it wasn't a blood clot!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had problems with my legs aching at night. Not like a charley horse but from my knees to my toes just hurt. At my two week checkup I mentioned it to my doctor and he didn't seem concerned. After about two weeks the pain went away. I still don't know what it was.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    By the way Msparacino1005 congrats on the weight loss.
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lose :)

Pain can be associated with restless leg syndrome. I have a very mild form of it but mine is more of the action of my legs not being comfortable so I can't stop moving them.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Could it be a vitamin deficiency? I know low potassium and magnesium can cause leg cramps.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Pain in my toes went away after starting B12 injections. I would lean toward a vitamin related issue. Keep your doctor informed no matter how petty you think it might be.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am so glad they did the scan and found nothing. It is so much better to be safe than sorry. I hope you find the source of your problem, but I am kind of with the others in that I think it is a vitamin/supplement issue.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I was just reading a thread yesterday on the low carb group where someone complained of this same issue and many people chimed in that it was related to not getting enough magnesium (which appears to be a common low carb issue). Does your multi-vitamin have magnesium in it? If you have a nutritionist assigned to you, you may want to check with him or her to see if you need additional supplements.