Pullups?

Options
I'm trying to learn how to do pullups, atm I'm doing assisted ones (rubber band) twice a week. Am I doing something wrong, or should I get DOMS in the abdomen area?

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes get some abdominal DOMS from pull-ups/chin-ups, also, from bracing my core. That's the joy of the big compound moves :D
  • AnnicaJohansson
    AnnicaJohansson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's a relief, I was starting to think I did something wrong. Somehow I figured pull-ups to be an upper body exercise, and that it wouldn't affect the core that much. I'm hanging from a pull-up-bar, how much strain on the abdomens could there be? More than I'd guess apparently :D

That's a time saver then, isn't it? Or should I add some core exercises to the end of my routine?
  • alonggreen
    alonggreen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am new just started a 9 week Grit Transformation class. We had to do pullups as part of the initial assessment. I didn't manage to squeak one out. What exercises can I do at home to start building up to it. What is a DOMS mentioned in an earlier email. Does it help?
  • nakima
    nakima Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    (DOMS) Delayed onset muscle soreness. The next day workout pain :) I would suggest push ups, overhead dumbell press, military press etc. any movements that engage your lats, shoulders, arms, upper back