12 Week Challenge(April 2015) Chat Thread

Options
BarbellCowgirl
BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
This is a thread for those of us who are working towards personal physique, fitness, or diet goals. This challenge is about YOU!
The only rules:

*Create and post weekly goals that will ultimately help you reach your big goals.
*Check-in weekly to for accountability.

If you'd like to join, simply reply with your goals. We will start the first week of April!

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I am totally in for this challenge. I have been slacking lately and on Friday when I weighed in I had reached 160lbs!! Considering the fact that this time last year I was 144lbs that is definitely not progress! So from now on I am back to seriously focusing on cutting. I am going to aim for half a pound a week so by the end of the 12 weeks I want to be down 6lbs. My weekly goals to help me reach this are as follows:

1. Lift 3 times a week.
    2. Cardio at least 2 times per week. This can be running, hiking, spinning, or whatever I feel like doing.
    3. Get an average of 100 grams of protein per day
    4. Stay within my weekly calorie goal.

• dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have any specific goals at the moment. Will have to think about it.
    I just want to get through the next few weeks LOL
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I didn't hit all my goals from the previous challenge, so I'm gonna focus more on fat loss and use my lifting more for maintaining and maybe slightly increasing my muscles. I know, it'll take a deficit to achieve the fat loss, and you can't build muscle in a deficit. But, I want to maintain or even increase my strength too.

Planning very similar goals to Dou!
    1. Lift 3x/week, finish up Bret Contreras' GG program.
    2. Get my cardio in, again. I go back and forth but think I need to add it back for fat loss. Walking at a minimum, but maybe try a class at my new gym.
    3. Figure out the best way to honestly eat at a deficit while continuing to lift heavy. I focus mostly on protein, 100-150g/day and am doing a window for carbs to hopefully minimize isullin release and fat storage/burning, we'll see. Straight calorie reduction doesn't usually work well enough for me :(.

Looking forward to hitting some goals with you ladies!! Starting aroud 160 now, and would love to see 155 by my trip to Maui at the end of May.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation and have had a tough time lately so I have small goals:
    1. To not gain any weight for twelve weeks.
    2. To exercise 150 min a week. This will likely include more cardio and less lifting, but I will lift three times a week even if I do bodyweight exercises at home
    3. To login daily
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Here are my month goals, I just want to be slowly gaining on them every week

1. Keep up the steady 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week loss - or at least stay within my calorie goal since weight loss isn't linear all the time
    2. Lift 3x week - would like to make it to front squat with the olympic bar (currently only at 25lbs) - need shoulder flexibility though
    3. Login Daily
    4. Be able to hold a plank for 60 seconds
    5. Do cardio 2 or 3 times a week and go to yoga at least once a week
    6. I would also like to get my deadlift weight up to to 90lbs if possible. I've never done that before but seems like a good goal

By May I really want to be in the low 150s! I'm at around 157 right now so I think that is quite possible. My lowest weight in the past 3 years has been 147 (pre-surgery when I was training for my tri) so to get to that before summer would be amazing (and really stretching it.)
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) The first three months were good and each one was an improvement over the last, but April will be better :)

1) hit 168 pounds, about ten down from where I am now. I am a part of a six month Dietbet that will hopefully keep me in line, putting my money where my mouth is :pensive:

2) keep aiming for 100g of protein most days

3) lift three times, cardio twice. Finishing off Hypertrophy 3 this month and then on to Strength and Power *gulp*

4) I'm adding a new one of weighing in daily. Usually I wouldn't but with the Diet bet I know it would help for me to be checking daily.

5) keep working on fighting the binge. Last month was my best month of the year, witj only a couple of binges. This month will be better :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Okay. Now that my mini vacation is done, I can set up the next 12 weeks of goals. hmmmm That is roughly near end of June if my counting is correct.

1. Weigh 149-151: puts me in the overweight category for my height instead of obese by a few pounds and means losing roughly 12-14ish over the given time.
    2. Continue NROLFW: should get to stage 6 during this time as I'm on stage 2 now and they are all 8 workouts each at this point. Takes just over 2.5 weeks per stage if don't take time off between.
    3. Finish C25k training: my first fun run in on June 15th, so I should finish the training and do the run during the next 12 weeks.
    4. Protein! Try to get 90 grams of protein 5 days a week: this is a slight increase from the previous 80 goal.
    5. Plan ahead: my goal right now is to schedule my week in advance for both food and tasks as I have a lot that needs done this spring/beginning of summer. May include a move so better get busy.
    6. Edit novel and write at least 3 days a week. April has a blog challenge and a dictated schedule but after that I should also blog once a week.
    7. Either find second job, way to lower bills or some extra source of income.

Okay, that should be enough for the next 12 weeks. :smile:
  • tiffaniledbetter3
    Options
    I am working to lose fat and build muscle. Last month I lifted about 3 nights a week and went to cardio about once a week. I lost seven lbs and reduced my body fat by 1%. I want to continue working hard this month and double my loss. I'm trying to lose about 30lbs of fat total and would love to do that this year and build my muscles. I'm working on keeping up with my diet and exercise better and I think this will help as well! :) I want to finish reading my ebook about flexible dieting and find a good nutritional balance of macronutrients that my body likes. I can't wait to get on this journey with everyone and share the positive vibes! Good luck ladies!
  • Shapealicious
    Shapealicious Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this challenge. I'm looking to clean up on my meals, build muscle and strength. I currently workout regularly but diet is horrible.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Yay! Good to see you all. I guess we can call April 6th our first official day. Let's own these next 12 weeks!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Ultimate goal:
    *Lose an inch from this waist(should equate to 5-10lbs).
    *Do a full chin-up
    *Run for 20-30 secs on the treadmill at 12 mph(currently at 11mph) for HIIT sessions.

My goals for this week:
    *Lift 4X, cardio at least 2X(including shorter HIIT sessions)
    *Eat 2 veggies a day- this means that I prepare high-protein, nutrient -dense meals. I've really struggled with my diet lately.
    *Eat at a deficit. Doesn't have to be big, just a deficit.
    *120 grams protein/day
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Bbc-ok, this sounds silly, but how do you sprint that fast on the treadmill? Do you stand on the sides and jump on once it's up to speed? I'd be afraid I'd fall off the back! My HIIT isn't nearly that intense. More like running at level 6 for 1 min, then walking for 2-3 until my HR is back to 130something. ...hmmm...maybe I need to reevaluate it.

I guess we're off to the races! I'm down a bit from last week and hope I've found a WOE that will work for me long term. I'm encouraged and I Eve like it!
    I got 3 good lifting sessions in last week, and 2 good cardio sessions! I actually really like the rowing machine at my new gym!
    Protein is good, calories good, feeling great! Hope this next few months will get me more progress!

Kutgw ladies! Glad to be here with you all! :smiley:
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week:
    Lift 3X, swim once, bike once
    No more junk for the week (had 5 cookies today).
    Track protein and calories for the remainder of the week also.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok, I think I've almost got it.

To start with, there is the usual...

Lift 3x a week
    Some sort of cardio 2x week
    Eat food, not too much. NO deliberate restricting allowed.

I think I've worked out I can do that.
    New ones....

Teach my daughter how to lift. She asked, so we will start when school goes back.

Keep working on pull-ups & chin-ups. Just because I like them. Up to 8 chin-ups and 6 pull-ups in a row so far.

Work on shoulder presses. I always feel weaker with these.

Listen to my body and STOP when I need to.

Body positive affirmation. Usually I roll my eyes and mutter something about bull***, but I'm willing to give it a go. And I'll post it on Instagram and Facebook if anyone wants to hold me accountable. Screw it. I'll start today with a dodgy selfy lol
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Bbc-ok, this sounds silly, but how do you sprint that fast on the treadmill? Do you stand on the sides and jump on once it's up to speed? I'd be afraid I'd fall off the back! My HIIT isn't nearly that intense. More like running at level 6 for 1 min, then walking for 2-3 until my HR is back to 130something. ...hmmm...maybe I need to reevaluate it.

I guess we're off to the races! I'm down a bit from last week and hope I've found a WOE that will work for me long term. I'm encouraged and I Eve like it!
    I got 3 good lifting sessions in last week, and 2 good cardio sessions! I actually really like the rowing machine at my new gym!
    Protein is good, calories good, feeling great! Hope this next few months will get me more progress!

Kutgw ladies! Glad to be here with you all! :smiley:

Julie, I just increase the speed until I get it to my sprint speed stay there for 20 secs and decrease it to my "rest" speed. I hate that I can't just start running as fast as I can and the slow to a walk instantly, but I don't have a good even surface to do sprints outside. After reading about HIIT, I've quit doing more than 30 sec intervals. Once you go longer than 20-30 secs it's no longer anaerobic, it's just intense cardio. I feel like since I started doing shorter intervals and longer rests that my fitness level has increased much quicker. I have to work much harder to get into my max effort.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in since it's been about a week

1. I've lost a good amount of weight so I'm happy with that! I log it officially on Friday but it's over 0.5 lbs - dropped in to the mid 150s range so yay!
    2. I lifted 3 times last week
    3. Logged in daily! Keeping up my streak!
    4. I've moved my plank up to 35 seconds in a row
    5. I did cardio twice last week but missed my yoga class due to Easter because I forgot the gym closed, whoops.
    6. Still stuck at 75 for my deadlift, but I know I could do more weight if it wasn't 10 reps so I'm just keeping on keeping on.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Nice, small! Keep it up!

My diet is on track this week(my biggest challenge). Let's keep it up during the weekend!
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I overdid it Wednedsay. My right knee hurt a little Thursday but nothing like my left shoulder. I'm laying low until Monday.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    10 days into the month and 7 days since I posted my goals, probably a good time to check in.

1. Weigh 149-151: Last weigh in was 162 but it should be down to 161 in the next few days when I do my next weigh-in. Measurements will be on the 15th so hope to see progress..
    2. Continue NROLFW: Stage 2 right now. Day 4, B2 is tomorrow.
    3. Finish C25k training: Started week 5.
    4. Protein! Try to get 90 grams of protein 5 days a week: so far so good. Just a couple days in the 70-85 range and rest are 90+.
    5. Plan ahead: still working on this. Am behind on a couple things so don't quite have things all planned out in advance just yet.
    6. Edit novel and write at least 3 days a week. April has a blog challenge and a dictated schedule but after that I should also blog once a week. - trying to get caught up on the blogs as it's hard to get the posts up each day. Need to comment on other blogs more. Writing is minimal but my hours are less this week so will have more time to write.
    7. Either find second job, way to lower bills or some extra source of income. - still working on potential move.

Making my way with plenty of weeks left to go.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    DouMc wrote: »
    I am totally in for this challenge. I have been slacking lately and on Friday when I weighed in I had reached 160lbs!! Considering the fact that this time last year I was 144lbs that is definitely not progress! So from now on I am back to seriously focusing on cutting. I am going to aim for half a pound a week so by the end of the 12 weeks I want to be down 6lbs. My weekly goals to help me reach this are as follows:

1. Lift 3 times a week.
    2. Cardio at least 2 times per week. This can be running, hiking, spinning, or whatever I feel like doing.
    3. Get an average of 100 grams of protein per day
    4. Stay within my weekly calorie goal.

Ok I am checking in for last week even though it was a bit of a failure. I wasn't feeling well so I only managed to lift twice and even at that I didn't finish my last lifting session. I managed to get in cardio 4 times (although it was mostly very light cardio but it still counts). I was well over my calories for the week but managed to get in over 700 grams of protein over the course of the week so I score 2 out of 4. This week will be better. Hopefully I will feel better soon so I can get lifting but if not I am definitely going to try harder not to eat everything around me.