Status update

Options
IrritatedDoro
IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
It's been 1 1/2 weeks since we started so we are about a fifth or quarter of the way through this goal timeline. How are the resto of you doing?

I have no clue how I will lose 20 lbs so quickly but sure am trying...

I had lost 5 lbs the first week following joining MFP probably mostly related to water (less prepared food/sodium). This is when I joined this group. Then the scale didn't move the next week. I have been contemplating how I would get to 20 lbs lost by mid-July when the scale wasn't cooperating. I have started some basic strength training and interval training in addition to my more standard exercise of biking and walking.

This week I am down 4 more pounds (9 total since signing up for MFP), so... perhaps this will be successful. Prior to joining MFP, I wasn't terribly active. There is something about logging food and exercise that makes one just want to do better and better. Of course, I want to do this by limiting calories (but not superficially low) and increasing exercise within reason. As a mom to a 1-year-old, I want to be able to be a good example, and jump in bounce houses, play tag, and the such when the time comes.

Replies

• IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    To clarify, I've lost 4 lbs since committing to this goal.
  • sammanthahulkoff
    sammanthahulkoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hello my names sammantha im 20 with a 1 year old little girl also and my goal is to lose 50 pounds ...I just joined mfp today and found your group hoping to lose at least 10 pounds by mid-july I recently started walking/baby wearing at the park for at least an hour a day and eating healthier