how to change starting weight?

rkufeke
rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
I know I saw someone in a thread who showed how to change the starting weight on here, but for the life of me I can't figure it out! My "starting weight" according to MFP is from 2 years and about 20 lbs ago, so it would be nice to be able to change it so that it reflected the progress I've made!

EDIT- nevermind, I figured it out! Just can't figure out how to delete this now...

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Click on flag at the bottom of your post... Then report... Then this is my post and I want to delete it.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I can delete this for you, if you're sure. But, it is not really bad. You could even help someone else by explaining how you did it. Then the next person looking for this might find your answer in this thread.

Let me know if you want it gone instead.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    I did it myself yesterday. When I originally joined MFP I was twelve pounds lighter than I am now, and while I'm all for honestly and full disclosure, I've lost also twelve pounds since I started LCHF, and dangitall I want credit for that!

I tried deleting my previous weigh ins one by one which was very tedious and I zoned out and deleted a couple of the ones I meant to keep. I didn't try the "starting weight" entry before I zapped four years worth of weigh ins. ;)
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Is there a way to change your start weight but keep the historical data?

Right now it's calculated off my heaviest ever weight, not my "this time around weight "
  • FIT_Goat
    edited March 2015
    wijbdmwor357.png

This won't change historical data or anything. Just the weight lost. I just fooled around with mine to make it 105 kg (231 lbs) because I was around there once. But, I'll probably put it back to the 102.3 (225 lbs) because that is the highest weight I am absolutely sure of. I never weighed myself when I was higher than that. It's even possible I was more than 105 kg. I just don't want to think about it.

Edit: Don't laugh at my image creation skills. It's not my strong area. But, I feel like it helps explain better than just the words. So, you have an idea of what you are looking for.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Thank you for this! MFP is using a lower starting weight than when I started this low carb journey, and I want to accurately reflect my progress. I thought I was doomed to mental math. :wink:
  • FIT_Goat
    I think MFP will let you reset your streak all the way back to your starting date. I could totally cheat and have a 1,543 day streak going (instead of my 531 or whatever it currently is). I wouldn't do that. But, it would be fun. That first year on MFP was a rough one for me. Calorie counting worked but wasn't pleasant or sustainable (for me).
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Seriously? That would be crazy!

Also, when I reset my starting weight just now I realized I didn't keep as much weight after babies 3 and 4 as I thought I did. My original MFP start weight was from 3 months after my 2nd baby was born, and it was just 7-8 lbs lower than my starting weight this time around, after my 4th baby. No wonder my husband doesn't think I'm as much of a fat cow as I think I am. ;)