Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Options
andyluvv
andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
This one is for the males in the group that I hope can provide some insight.

I have been put on TRT as my Testosterone count was quite low.
Over the past few days I have noticed an increase in hunger...and not particularly for "healthier" foods. It's literally an awful craving...

As I mentioned before, I work in a food store and today I ended up eating anything that was put in front of me (or that I would sometimes, seek out).

The healthier things were 2 eggs and dorset nutty cereal...

Is the increase in hunger normal? I've noticed some people online saying yes it is, and how much fat could I expect to gain from this? I'm trying not to worry too much today as I'm going gym later and my friend who trains me said I'm probably not eating enough to develop muscle.

We're working on with my own body weight with push ups and all so not sure how that will go.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, either the increased hunger is from increased leptin because the BF recently went down and body is trying to increase it again.
    But that's not it, because nothing like that recently.

Or workouts have increased in intensity causing more damage, requiring more repair, and body wants more calories.
    But that's likely not it just yet.

Or your body has sped up enough it wants more calories.
    That's probably more it.

Which means no increase in fat. Only if the first scenario, which could be offset by the second or third scenarios.

I'd be more concerned of accidentally eating the wrong thing too close to the workout and making it difficult, or getting sick.