Dealing with anxiety...

Options
2»

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    pcoppock wrote: »
    Thaeda, you are such an amazing person. You put yourself out there and keep on going. I, too, am in therapy, and continue to work through triggers and responses. I love that when you have bad days you are able to learn and come with a plan for next time.

I get such strength from your posts.

-Phill

I am so happy you find the posts helpful. :) Therapy is good stuff! :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Prayer really helps me. I am not alone. if I can get to a quiet place I can hear that still, small voice. I am not dying, this is important and needs my calm focused attention. Getting on the hamster wheel of worry is the worst possible response to a challenge. Lets start eating this elephant bite by bite with clarity to optimize the outcome. I can do this. This is my mantra. A cool head will prevail, that ba$tard panic never did anything good for me so why should I feed it?

I like this, Mangopickle. I call it meditation, but it's the same still, small voice. It's so hard to hear but so important to listen for it! Not the panic voice that roars and blinds and rips at our existence. But the quiet companion that loves and trusts and knows we are trying as hard as we can. And we learn, like pcoppock and others mentioned, to grow and plan.