Spring into Summer 2015 Challenge (April 3- Jun 26th)

Options
2»

Replies

• SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    Week 1 Challenge:

As we all know, we do not always see results on the scale. This week I challenge everyone to do a baseline fit test. Here is the challenge.

Complete the following sometime during the week:
    Timed mile (bike, run, walk, swim)
    How many can you do in a minute
    - jumping jacks
    - sit ups
    - push ups
    - squats
    - burpees

We will do this Week 1 as baseline, ~half way through, and at the end of the challenge. Maybe the scale doesn't move as much as we like but we can walk/run a mile faster at the end of 3 months or maybe we can do more pushups. It is important that we do not let the scale define us!

Record your results here and feel free to post how you felt doing these exercises. Did you have to modify the move? Did you skip part of it all together because it is not within your abilities?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EcfPCE1eAF7_TsGYFNh683lP8wVaUdKF8-ovDlvMjoc/edit?usp=sharing

Burpees and I are not friends. I'm going to save those for a little farther into the challenge. :wink:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late. I was focusing on getting my timed mile swimming and forgot come put in my info. Oops! Everything else I did on Friday my mile I did today. I'm exhausted but I'm happy to be back in the water!
  • jkreutzfeldt
    jkreutzfeldt Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join this challenge? Just started on mfp a couple weeks ago, and this challenge sounds great!
  • tinkermommc
    Options
    So what's everyone doing in between to try and increase?

I always take a pilates class so I'm continuing that. But I'm trying to get in the pool 2x a week plus training for a 5k. On the strength side my daughter and husband have been challenging each other to nightly pushups and leg lifts. He us switching to graveyards so I guess I'll take over ;)
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's not too late @jkreutzfeldt. Just add yourself to the spreadsheet.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    SLHartman wrote: »

Burpees and I are not friends. I'm going to save those for a little farther into the challenge. :wink:

I don't think anyone is friends with burpees. They are pure evil.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    So what's everyone doing in between to try and increase?

I always take a pilates class so I'm continuing that. But I'm trying to get in the pool 2x a week plus training for a 5k. On the strength side my daughter and husband have been challenging each other to nightly pushups and leg lifts. He us switching to graveyards so I guess I'll take over ;)

I am trying to run 3-4 times a week. The rest of the time I will be training for Obstacle course races. It consists of lots of different type strength training (flipping tires, monkey bars, climbing walls, attempting to climb ropes and lots of burpees and other evilness). Lots of intervals with running and strength.

• jemsurf
    Options
    I finally got around to doing the fitness test. It was quite the workout. I HATE BURPEES!!!!!!!!! That is all ;)
  • tinkermommc
    Options

mamarundrc wrote: »
    SLHartman wrote: »

I don't think anyone is friends with burpees. They are pure evil.

Kids. Kids like burpees. Or maybe just the weirdos at my daughter's school. But when I go play with them at recess I lead them in different activities and they always want to do burpees. Or as the kindergartners know them "lay on the ground then jump to the sky"
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Another maintain this week. I am still 1.4 lbs up from the end of the last challenge but I felt good about this week. My pants are fitting a little better and I had a lot more energy. Now I need to focus on having a good weekend so I don't sabotage myself by over indulging too much.
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Had minor surgery on Wednesday and have been slowly recovering since. Can't do any sort of exercising, so I'm trying to focus on not over-eating.
  • jemsurf
    Options
    Don't forget the next Fitness test is May 9-15!!!!!!!!!
  • kieranparrock315
    kieranparrock315 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined i think its a great idea and the spreadsheet will really help I've set myself a tough target but hopefully it will push me on :smile:
  • missmissica
    missmissica Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    just saw this and id love to join - hopefully its ok?!?
  • whidbeyweight
    whidbeyweight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    just joined.. it's almost midMay, but I set a goal of 8.5 lbs by the end of June 96.5 weeks). Also 100 miles in May, walking
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well. I have been a bit MIA this challenge. Things have been hectic at work and at home I haven't really been weighing but I did some measurements and I am down 2 inches in the waist and hips and 1 inch down in the bust, baby pooch, and butt. I plan on killing it in June! I have vacation coming up in July and bought a cute 2 piece that I am determined to look decent in by then. Time to GET IT DONE

We missed our mid challenge fit test. If you are participating, try to get it done next week so there i some time to see improvements. I knocked 10 seconds off my fastest mile, I still need to do the rest of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EcfPCE1eAF7_TsGYFNh683lP8wVaUdKF8-ovDlvMjoc/edit#gid=0