New- help with calories and lifting please

Options
LoLoGB
LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
Hi all! I am hoping to get some advice from those that are where I want to be in term of eating and lifting. I am 5'4" 144 lbs, 25% BMI and 28% BF. I have 7 weeks before a wedding and want to get to (and permanently maintain) 128 lbs and 20% BF.

I currently eat between 1200-1450 calories each day. Mainly all clean, with maybe a glass of wine or one cookie here or there. Macros are 20% carb, 35% protein and 45% fat. With carbs being from veggies or brown rice and fat being healthy from nuts, avocados, etc.

I lift HIIT style 3x a week for 20 minutes. Typical is squats with shoulder press, lunge with biceps curls, lateral lunge with bicep curl, sumo squat with tricep curl, push-ups, iron cross, jumping jacks, butt kickers, and jumping rope. I work in a 2 min warm up, 3 compound exercises at one set, 1 min cardio- repeat cycle 3 times. Then 1 min cardio and the stretches for cool down. Weights are between 10-40 pounds.

2-3 days a week I will do a 25 min leisurely bike ride and/or yoga.

I only seem to be losing 1-1.5 pounds a week. With 7 weeks to go I need to lose at least 2 lbs a week. Any suggestions please? I need help!

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Honestly, with less than 20 lbs to go, 2 lbs a week is unrealistic.
    20% BF for a woman takes a lot of work and isn't a short term goal. It will not happen in 7 weeks. Not saying it can't happen, but not in that time frame. I would reevaluate your goals. 1-1.5 lbs a week is quite a bit and is awesome progress.
  • LoLoGB
    LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Maybe I am being unrealistic lol. That is my ultimate goal to stay at- but it's probably going to take my longer to get there. So 10 lbs and 24% seems more realistic for 7 weeks out?