New- need lifting and calories help please

Options
LoLoGB
LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
Hi all! I am hoping to get some advice from those that are where I want to be in term of eating and lifting. I am 5'4" 144 lbs, 25% BMI and 28% BF. I have 7 weeks before a wedding and want to get to (and permanently maintain) 128 lbs and 20% BF.

I currently eat between 1200-1450 calories each day. Mainly all clean, with maybe a glass of wine or one cookie here or there. Macros are 20% carb, 35% protein and 45% fat. With carbs being from veggies or brown rice and fat being healthy from nuts, avocados, etc.

I lift HIIT style 3x a week for 20 minutes. Typical is squats with shoulder press, lunge with biceps curls, lateral lunge with bicep curl, sumo squat with tricep curl, push-ups, iron cross, jumping jacks, butt kickers, and jumping rope. I work in a 2 min warm up, 3 compound exercises at one set, 1 min cardio- repeat cycle 3 times. Then 1 min cardio and the stretches for cool down. Weights are between 10-40 pounds.

2-3 days a week I will do a 25 min leisurely bike ride and/or yoga.

I only seem to be losing 1-1.5 pounds a week. With 7 weeks to go I need to lose at least 2 lbs a week. Any suggestions please? I need help!

Replies

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    1-1.5 pounds a week is a very safe and reasonable amount.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    1-1.5 pounds a week is a very safe and reasonable amount.

^^
    That.

You're looking to lose about 16lb in 7 weeks? At over 2lb a week.
    That is above the recommended safe weight loss per week. The less you have to lose, the longer it takes.

You can crash diet if you want. But you will have difficulty maintaining it, and you won't find anyone in this group encouraging you to go that route.

It took an awful lot longer than 7 weeks for any of us to get to where we are.

You need to think about where you want to be. What is your ultimate end-goal? What happens after the wedding? Think about these things, write them down and plan for them.
  • LoLoGB
    LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much. I refuse to crash diet- that's unhealthy and I am glad no one would support it. My end goal is where I want to be at 7 weeks- I want to stay there permanently. I used to be 120lb and 18% BF but due to health issues and stress I stopped exercising and put weight on. So I guess I will just keep doing what I am doing and be happy with where I get to in 7 weeks but I won't stop working for my goal. The 128lb and 20% BF is my ultimate full time life long goal.