how much weight are you losing per week?

Options
aniqa109
aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
Hi
As the title states..how much do u lose per week? Has anyone lost more than 30lbs eating this way and how long did it take? Should i add in cardio to lose more each week?

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I did this 2 years ago for 6 months and lost about 50lbs, life got in the way and I regained 35, 11weeks in and 22lbs down. So hopefully back on track for the same amount again. I swim 3-6 times a week as well
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't actually answer the question, although my average is 2lbs a week the scales fluctuate wildly with 5:2, if you weigh after a fast you can drop 4 but it all reappears when you eat and drink so follow the trend and try not to get too hung up on the scale if it doesn't tell you what you think it should. I had a tricky couple of weeks where I was following the plan and exercising but scale not moving but then lost 4 lbs in a week. Alot of people also have sodium and water weight issues too.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Lost 34lbs in total. First 23lbs at about 1lb a week.
    Nibbled away the next 11lbs in a series of small steps of slow loss (half lb a week?) alternating with spells maintaining.

"Should i add in cardio to lose more each week? "
    Impossible to answer that - you haven't given any background info.

Exercise is for health and fitness so your exercise should match your fitness goals not your weight loss goals ideally. So not eating back your non-fast day exercise calories?

How fast are you losing?

How much cardio are you currently doing?

What other exercise are you doing?
  • ordoff73
    ordoff73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been pretty consistently losing around 2lbs per week. Here is the reason for such weight fluctuations. Insulin stores water and salt. When you fast the decrease in insulin production releases the water and salt so 50-75% of the 1 day weight loss is "water weight" but understanding the reason helps me understand what my body is doing and not get discurraged with the inevitable weight gain following a fast day. I now only weigh after a fast, this way there are no wild fluctuations. I do cardio to maintain my health but there have been weeks I skip and I still get losses. (more or less I do not realize a difference for me) Everyone is different. I enjoy exercise while fasting.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have lost just over 28lbs since 28th December. My weight loss is never linear, some weeks i lose nothing, the next week 3lbs, then I get 1lb a week for a couple..so I don't worry I just keep to the plan..which makes me feel much healthier..and let the weight loss come as it wishes.
  • aniqa109
    Options
    I seem to be losing half a pound per week. Im not doing much exercise and im not consistent when i do it. I just want to know how i can lose more per week. On fast days i have about 600 calories and non fast days i eat at tdee according to an online calculator. So far i havent even lost a vast amount of weight nor dropped a dress size so im just a little confused as im losing but veryyy slow!
  • sijomial
    Options
    You don't seem to be keeping a food diary?
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Im under a dietician and she gives me a paper food diary to fill in so i dont log on hrre. I read forums on here only. Shes happy that im losing but shes not great with helping me to increase loss.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    typically .5kg (1lb) per week. Been going consistently since November - lost 11kg (24lb). That includes one month at maintenance. I lost 11 kg before that without tracking on 5:2 but got stuck for a year - even on 4:3. Tracking got me back on track.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are losing. Be happy with that! Losses aren't linear for alot of People. When I was losing regularly, I'd lose a kilo in one week and then have two very slow weeks to follow that. The less I had to lose, the smaller the losses (went from 4kg/month to 0.5kg/month to nothing) I lost 28-29kg in a bit over a year with 5:2 and tracking on non fast days.

For the last 10mth I've just been bobbing between 57-58.5kg, really wanting to go to 55kg though.

But my mindset hasn't been good and I've given in to too much temptation on my non fast days. Being short (if I remember correctly, you aren't very tall either) the amount of cals allowed on non fast days are between 1400-2000 depending on the amount of exercise I do. So it is very easy for me to go over my cals on my rest days or on weekends. This quickly eats up the 2000cals saved on my fast days and adds up to no losses....

You need to go over your numbers and ask yourself, why you want to lose more quickly. 0.5lb/week......25lb in a year! Sounds pretty good to me!
  • sijomial
    Options
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    Im under a dietician and she gives me a paper food diary to fill in so i dont log on hrre. I read forums on here only. Shes happy that im losing but shes not great with helping me to increase loss.

First option is carry on doing what you are doing - it's working.
    After that you are looking at burning more (exercise or general activity) or eating less.

As you are under a dietician and she is happy then first option would seem to make sense.
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Thanks for your help everyone!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have lost ~1lb/week. But I'm not consistant on the 2 days of fasting, many weeks I'll fast on Monday and it seems I can't get in another day of fasting in. I'm happy to know that when I do just the one day of fasting for maintenance it should work. But gotta get my nose back to the grindstone - I've got an all-staff meeting coming up in May and I want to be to my goal weight by then.
  • mrsoneil2014
    mrsoneil2014 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, I had recently stopped following 5-2 as I didn't seem to lose much at all, but since I've started eating normally every day my weight has shot up, I'm not sure if this is because I've joined the gym and have been going almost every night to various classes for the last month so I'm planning on restarting the fasting, sticking to it religiously and seeing if the combination of fast and exercise will make a difference
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Thats wat im hoping to try combining exercise too. Let me know how it goes for you.
  • maphammonds
    Options
    take measurements too - muscle weight more than fat! in my profile pic there's only 7 pounds difference!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm only losing about 0.5 lbs a week.. I only had one big week where I lost 2.5 lbs, but that's it. However, I haven't been exercising. Once I pick back up with that, I'm hoping to see more of a loss per week.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat! It just takes up less space so you appear smaller at the same weight. I only lose 0.25-0.5 lbs a week on this WOE though since I've been doing it I have been eating around 1650 on non fast days Which I've realised is too much. I exercise 7 days a week too but even with that too I don't lose much so this week have started eating 1250-1400 instead and less carbs on non fast days and this seems to be working.
  • maphammonds
    Options
    You're right @JAT74! Here's a good visual -
    4c7e5ee2eb3aec18d1af606007898d5d928a.jpg
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You're right @JAT74! Here's a good visual -
    4c7e5ee2eb3aec18d1af606007898d5d928a.jpg

WOW!!! Now that puts it in perspective!