Six Month Ramblings

Options
13»

Replies

• mae7365
    mae7365 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing. My insurance only paid far surgery at a Bariatric Center of Excellence as well, and the support has been worth it. Your story is an inspiration.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Thanks, folks. Maintenance has been a rough start. I'm not gaining, but have not been very good at keeping up my good habits. Trying to get a good restart so I can hit my one year anniversary back on the horse. I appreciate the new friends and will do my best to be a good friend going forward. Just be patient with me!

Rob
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    Thanks, folks. Maintenance has been a rough start. I'm not gaining, but have not been very good at keeping up my good habits. Trying to get a good restart so I can hit my one year anniversary back on the horse. I appreciate the new friends and will do my best to be a good friend going forward. Just be patient with me!

Rob

Rob,

As you know maintenance has presented its challenges for me, too. I listened to a podcast where the speaker was talking about life post VSG and how maintenance is a process. Sometimes you gain some weight back, then make adjustments to lose it, then get a little "off track" again here and there, then make more adjustments. The point of the speaker was that we don't really ever "arrive"- it is an ongoing process of adjustments, and awareness and above all else, compassion for yourself as you journey on. You provide much inspiration and support here- and it is a universal law that you get what you give, so please know we are all here for you just as much as you have been here for us. Peace to you. :)
  • rpyle111
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Rob-- I am sure you meant to post something here ^^^^.... but it is not showing up! I don't want to miss your thoughts.... so what did you write?
  • rpyle111
    Options
    It was just "Thanks, Thaeda!"

• Thaeda
    Options
    It was just "Thanks, Thaeda!"

Ok. Well, you are most welcome (she said, feeling a little silly!). :blush:
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I thought maybe you were just speechless
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Well, getting attention from all these lovely ladies does leave me tongue-tied!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    it is a universal law that you get what you give, so please know we are all here for you just as much as you have been here for us. Peace to you. :)

Thaeda, your words just resonate! Love it. Rob, you are an amazing compassionate person who puts your story out there so we can all learn from your process. You both are rockstars to me and I am your little Sleeve Groupie
  • Thaeda
    Options

Thaeda, your words just resonate! Love it. Rob, you are an amazing compassionate person who puts your story out there so we can all learn from your process. You both are rockstars to me and I am your little Sleeve Groupie

No groupies! We are all journeying together. :)