? about goals

Options
jennmac415
jennmac415 Posts: 52 Member
I went in to look at my goals while on my laptop, which I never get on anymore and to adjust my starting weight. I notice a column I never see on my phone when looking at my goals. ... It was a calories burned per week. Mine was set to 0, but shouldn't it be set to SOMETHING other than 0?? I'm sure I'm burning calories every week.

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    jennmac415 wrote: »
    I went in to look at my goals while on my laptop, which I never get on anymore and to adjust my starting weight. I notice a column I never see on my phone when looking at my goals. ... It was a calories burned per week. Mine was set to 0, but shouldn't it be set to SOMETHING other than 0?? I'm sure I'm burning calories every week.

It's based on additional exercise you enter in or sync from something like a Fitbit.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    That goal has been there for some time, actually. It's just a number to help you. If you look in your exercise log, you'll see your daily and weekly totals displayed something like "55/90." MFP doesn't actually do anything with it except store it, to my knowledge.
  • jennmac415
    Options
    I have MFP linked to my jawbone. Last week I logged 85,000 steps so I'm positive I'm burning calories. I'm aware of the calories burned every day our home page... I'm not talking about that. It was on my laptop where you go in to manually change your goals.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think the "calories burned" under goals is if you commit to a certain amount of exercise (say, walking the dog, 3X per week = X number calories burned).
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    jennmac415 wrote: »
    I have MFP linked to my jawbone. Last week I logged 85,000 steps so I'm positive I'm burning calories. I'm aware of the calories burned every day our home page... I'm not talking about that. It was on my laptop where you go in to manually change your goals.

Sorry, I was looking in the wrong place. Tru2One is right.
  • jennmac415
    Options
    I have committed to 7 workouts per week... So what should those calories burned per week be? It is a manually added thing.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You should be able to set number of workouts per week,minutes per workout, and calories per week I think. All manual.