Easter treats?

Options
craftscout
craftscout Posts: 290 Member
So, I was noticing that I wasn't the only one trying to avoid going crazy this weekend over on the Motivation and Support thread and thought I might start a conversation.

How are you all going to celebrate Easter (if you do), foodwise, and not feel deprived or go overboard. Do you have a great recipe for dinner? How about a special low cal sweet that screams Spring? And bonus points to the parents out there who have to deal with Easter basket expectations.

I have no idea what we are doing for dinner or for treats. And with all the rain expected this week, I'm about ready to cancel the whole darn thing!

Replies

• Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We are having a family easter because my sister is coming back from London and my brother is coming back from Australia. Everyone brings a plate.. Think I'm gonna bring fruit kebabs and jazz em up with marshmallows and a bit of chocolate. As boring as that sounds, I really would rather lose weight than have an easter egg lol or pig out.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    In the past couple weeks I have already eaten a whole pack of Reese's eggs and probably 1/2 bag of jelly beans. The difference is that in the past I would have eaten it all in one day. I just fit it into my day a little at a time. I don't think I will eat any differently on Sunday than I do on any other day. Mostly veggies and meat with a small dessert. My anniversary is on Saturday, and I asked my husband to get me a fruit arrangement instead of candy.
  • boneyardslegit
    Options
    My issue with easter time is also jelly beans. I've always ate so many...In fact this year my SO was planning on buying me a huge bag of them for my birthday (in April). I know this is the only snack that will make me want to fall off the wagon. Curse you sugary goodness!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Well, Easter is my favorite Holiday, and I always have a gang here. This year I am baking two pies into a two layer cake at the request of my daughter. I plan on eating a piece of that. Also, I gave up chocolate for Lent so I plan on indulging in some of that as well, it's been a long six weeks lol. So, I will just eat lighter during the day, just having yogurt and fruit until dinner. I will not be logging that day though, too much going on here for that. The other thing is, I fast on Good Friday, from the time I wake up until sundown, and then I only eat a small meal with no animal products, and then I work 10 hours Saturday plus to grocery shopping, so I am sure I will be at a weekly deficit by Sunday anyway......
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    We have a big meal with lots of people too! This year we are having ham, cheese potatoes and then turnips, carrots, cauliflower, and cucumber salad so we have very minimal complex carbs, also I am making a lemon cream desert with lemon Oreos but I'm doing single serving cups so no over deserting and for snacking we are doing veggies and dips as fruit

As for the candy, my cream egg weakness, I have had a few these past weeks but to avoid the kid goodie weakness I will buy my candy Saturday as mostly buy stuff I don't like so I don't steal it!

Looking forward to a Easter with no fear of the scale