Frustrated but sticking to it!

Options
I'm up 3 lbs today, UGH! Other than that, I feel great, so I'll be sticking with it because I love the food and my BG numbers look great, so something has to give soon, I hope!

Replies

• raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Let me share what works for me. I weigh daily, and see many ups and downs. I can usually know it's a salty food, a meal out, or that I just didn't eat as balanced a meal with carbs (part of my plan) in the eve as I thought.
    Once a week I average the past 7 days of weight, and it has been a godsend. I can see those weeks where yes, I did have a loss..maybe only .3 of a pound, but it was a loss.
    The daily weighing allows me to really fine tune how I'm eating, and lets me keep moving without the despair of thinking I'm gaining based on a single day.
  • jerryellis63012
    jerryellis63012 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    raventwo wrote: »
    Let me share what works for me. I weigh daily, and see many ups and downs. I can usually know it's a salty food, a meal out, or that I just didn't eat as balanced a meal with carbs (part of my plan) in the eve as I thought.
    Once a week I average the past 7 days of weight, and it has been a godsend. I can see those weeks where yes, I did have a loss..maybe only .3 of a pound, but it was a loss.
    The daily weighing allows me to really fine tune how I'm eating, and lets me keep moving without the despair of thinking I'm gaining based on a single day.

Thanks for the great advice! Never thought of doing it that way but will now!
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Fellow frustrated here, after a slow and small weight loss I experienced 6lbs gain without any explanation. I've inched down since then. Remaining patient but methinks perhaps that I'm the exception to the rule. T2 controlled by diet and exercise. Signed up for the Ad Libitum challenge as a final sortie. The only strategy not tried is fasting because of the risk of a hypo.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Fellow frustrated here, after a slow and small weight loss I experienced 6lbs gain without any explanation. I've inched down since then. Remaining patient but methinks perhaps that I'm the exception to the rule. T2 controlled by diet and exercise. Signed up for the Ad Libitum challenge as a final sortie. The only strategy not tried is fasting because of the risk of a hypo.

Any chance you have any kind of edema going on? I pop up to 8lbs at a time, and then have to wait on it to trickle down again to see my real weight. I get accurate numbers once or twice a month.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    @JPW1990, No nothing of any real sigificance and certainly nothing to explain the 6lb difference. Currently on meds for heart failure symptoms. I've noticed that my bowel is a lot slower since starting LCHF. Will be checking this out on my next check up later this month. Everything feels normal, no palpitations and definitely no breathlessness.