PiYo

Options
amysj303
amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
I am starting PiYo next week, anyone else?

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My husband's been hinting that he got me PiYo for my birthday. I won't know for certain until Saturday but, if he did then I'll be starting PiYo on Monday, 6 April. I plan on doing 21 Day Fix as well.
  • cvuittonet
    cvuittonet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on week six and I love it. Drench and buns are my favorite work outs. I was surprised at how challenging and how rewarding this work out is.
  • scon13
    scon13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Piyo workouts on Monday along with 21dayfix food plan.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @cvuittonet From what I've seen, I won't even touch Buns until the third week and Drench until the fourth. Hopefully I'll be able to handle them. In the meantime, I'm waiting on a replacement for my third disc which isn't working. I'm sure it will be here before I need to do Drench. Beachbody seems to be pretty good about these things.

@scon13 I took yesterday off from using the containers but I'm back on it today. (Yesterday was my birthday and I didn't want to count measure or do anything but have a fun day.)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Struggled a bit today with the Define: Lower Body. I had my chair handy (won't be optional for me except on very good days, which are few and far between). Had difficulty with holding downward facing dog. In my defense, I had already done 21 Day Fix Upper Body Fix so my forearms and such were already pushed to their limit. (And I did that after doing 7 sun salutations where I held downward facing dog for three slow breaths.) I am going to try to remember today's struggle because I know that by the end of the 8 weeks I'll probably be able to hold it with no problem, even if I have already worked my upper body that day!
  • blueflick
    blueflick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too ..I struggled with the lower body one too, my wrists are just not up to that yet, but did what I could, which is better than nothing!
  • leximarie3
    leximarie3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3, loving it! My strength and flexibility has improved. After the 60 days, I will continue to incorporate PiYo into my workout regimen ;)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @leximarie3 I plan on continuing with it through the two months and then doing something else for a bit before going away on vacation. When I get back from my vacation, I hope I'll be able to do it as a hybrid. We'll see how it goes. I don't want to plan too far ahead. LOL!
  • leximarie3
    Options
    Oh my gosh, the buns is kill! I'm so sore today :#
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @leximarie# I won't do buns for a few more days. I forget where it is in the calendar.
  • leximarie3
    Options
    Yesterday was my first time. My legs are SORE today, great workout! Luckily core was my workout for today, not too much leg work haha.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I went to bed feeling a bit sore here and there and woke up today with just a little bit of soreness. Not enough to stop me. I have PiYo Sweat today. I watched the workout yesterday so I would better know what to anticipate. I have to use a chair because of my balance disorder but I can still keep up and that's all that matters. Without those modifications, I'd be either lost or injured.
  • CowgirlDani97
    Options
    I did two rounds of PiYo (the regular and the strength version with the discs) loved both rounds. Did 21 Day Fix after that and am now on month 3 of P90. Thinking I'm going to start doing PiYo in the evenings though in addition to my morning beachbody workouts cuz I miss it and I love the flexibility it gave me and balance.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @CowgirlDani97 It didn't even occur to me to do PiYo regular and then Strength back-to-Back! That's brilliant! I'd much rather do that than start and stop P90. I mean, I'd still be "quitting" PiYo about halfway through but it wouldn't feel like quitting, if you know what I mean. I can get through 12 weeks of PiYo and, when I get home from my trip, decide what I will do at that time. Thank you! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself already and if you had not shared, I probably never would have!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I wonder if my discs are like everyone's? Upper body was only 18 mins so I did Lower Body too. Yesterday I couldn't workout and today my lower back is killing me so I think I need to take a break for the weekend, unless it feels better!
    I was going to do PiYo and running but I am not sure it is enough. The schedule just calls for one workout each day, but I thought they might be longer. I was used to Max30 and committed to 30 mins 5 days per week.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @amysj303 The website says that the workouts are 25-45 minutes but I think some are closer to 20 minutes than 25. I've only done 3 of the workouts, however. I've been doing the PiYo with 21 Day Fix. I also use a stationary bike for 30 minutes most days so I get in over an hour of exercise regardless of how long the PiYo workout of the day may be. If you feel like you can and want to do more, I don't see any reason not to do so.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Did anyone else notice that Define: Lower Body is imbalanced in the warrior series? We go through the entire series twice on the right side and only one time on the left. I'm genuinely surprised by this. Given the usual quality of Beachbody workouts and the cost of their programs, this seems unusually careless. Right now I'm using the DVDs on my laptop because we're still trying to get things organized post-renovations. But when I start using a DVD player, I think I'll pause the workout and repeat the series myself.
  • leximarie3
    Options
    Yes, I did notice that on the define lower! I'm like "wait, we didn't finish the other side!" Lol! I usually do the define lower and upper together, on the days that call for one or the other. I noticed month 2 on the calendar doesn't include either one of those workouts. I'm thinking I may add them in a few evenings out of the week because I really love how flexible and strong I feel after those workouts. I find them relaxing ;)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    leximarie3 I hadn't looked that far ahead but I can see where I might want to do the same, add them to my schedule during the second month. After all, this month I'm doing two 30 day challenges. Next month I'll "only" be doing 21 Day Fix, PiYo, walking (when the weather permits), and using the bike for 30 minutes. I can sure do one or both of the "Define" workouts. :p
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am still on break from PiYo, I really hope it isn't the reason my back has been out of whack for over a week! Probably that imbalnce on Warrior;)
    I am going to PT and they say core strength is super important to prevent the pain I am experiencing, they think it has something to do with my pelvis and hamstring tightness that is tweaking my back, but I do hope to get back to PiYo and that it will be good for core strength...