PiYo

Options
2»

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @amysj303 LOL! Yeah. Let's blame the imbalance warrior series! I've made a point of alternating which side I do first and marking it on my schedule. This way I am creating the balance that is not there on the DVD.

If you're ever interested in some gentler yoga practices that will help with those tight hamstrings, feel free to PM me. I have a love of yoga that goes waaaay back. I can send you links. Not trying to sell anything. I always encourage people to find workout DVDs through their public library, to try on a workout before buying it.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just joined this group, and I just ordered PiYo today! My hubby agreed this is a greeeeaaaaaattt Mother's Day gift!

I'm excited to try it out when it comes in!!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @kr1stadee Your husband is right. It's a great Mother's Day gift. Happy early Mother's Day! I'm currently doing PiYo with 21 Day Fix. I'm in week through of both and enjoying them both a lot!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I finished the 1st week strong this week I missed 3 workouts Gna double up today n the next few days I was thinking abt adding insanity also or maybe doing one day piyo the next insanity since I got the ok from my doctor that I can do intense workouts also I'm down 8lbs since starting piyo
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @DJ478 This website will help you create a hybrid calendar of PiYo and Insanity: https://workoutscheduler.net/hybrid-workout-calendar-scheduler/#.VTzpEJNbV2A

You may have to tweak the results a bit to fit your purposes but it takes a lot of the work out of figuring out when to do what and how to blend the two workouts. The other option would be to use the Official Beachbody PiYo/T25 hybrid but replace Insanity with T25, matching the type of workout as best you can. http://www.beachbody.com/images/pdf/piyo-t25-hybrid-calendar.pdf
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I have to admit... I haven't started PiYo yet. It's sitting in my DVD player.

I've been on the road for the last 3 weeks, so it's been tough! Hopefully I will get started this weekend! I'm actually a little scared of it hahah
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Are the moves with PiYo easy to follow?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @mrsewert Yes and no. At first, no. It takes a few rounds of each workout to get to where you know what Chalene means when she says step back into a lunge. (Sometimes, you step back and hold; other times, you step back and tap up.) So at first, I admit I felt a little lost but about two weeks ago I realized that I was moving through the workouts with little to no confusion.
  • JessUK98
    JessUK98 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of joining a PiYo class at the gym. Is it something that you can join or will I be totally lost in the class?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @JessUK98 I can't say for sure because I've never taken a class. It also really depends on the instructor. Even on DVDs, some people are better at giving cues about what is coming next and others are terrible about it. But my honest feeling is that it doesn't really matter. People don't take fitness classes to judge what other people are or are not doing. They are there to exercise. If you can't keep up during the first class, you'll do better the second, and then better still the third, until one day you are the one the newbie member is watching and admiring for knowing what to do and when to do it.
  • TinyTigger28
    TinyTigger28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    anyone doing PiYo now? I'm just starting and looking for some buddies
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I bought it but haven't started it yet.... did you start it @TinyTigger28 ? How do you like it?
  • Belay4Beer
    Belay4Beer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Started piyo today was 2/56 lower body. Used a yoga block vs a chair. Looking to connect with others for accountaiblty :)
  • Belay4Beer
    Belay4Beer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Piyo day 3/56 finished :) DM me if you want to support each other.
  • ladymeldrum82
    ladymeldrum82 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Anyone currently getting ready to start PiYo? I'm awaiting arrival of my set on the next few days, but have already started cleaning up my diet...
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started piyo today if anyone wants to add me! I'm not sure how to log it though.