Help please!

Options
I am a 45 years young mum of one who has gained 14lbs during the past year for no apparent reason. My GP says it is my age(grrr!). I am exercising regularly (gym/Zumba/Metafit/Spinning/yoga), eating well and logging calories, etc BUT STILL NOT LOSING WEIGHT! The only thing I feel it could be is that I am taking Escitalopram (10mg) for anxiety. I am a bit fed up to be honest so would greatly appreciate any helps/tips/advice/pep talks any of you can offer. Many thanks xx

Replies

• francineb4
    francineb4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am 46 and gained 6 pounds last year, lost it with ww, and then gained it back +2. I run and eat well, too but I read that in your mid 40's you essentially need to consume about 75-100 fewer calories daily to just maintain your weight. If you don't change anything, you will gain. It is also harder to lose, and it seems to take me 3-4 weeks on a diet now before I see any change. Of course the Sierra Nevada torpedo ale (250+ calories!) wasn't helping.

On the plus side: I am thinking of just making peace with a few of the pounds (maybe I will lose 4 and keep 4), because my face looks worse when I am thin. Not sure who said that when a woman passes 40 she has to choose between her *kitten* and her face, but she was spot on.

• Twinkleglitz
    Twinkleglitz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Francine, many thanks for that. I totally agree that at a certain age you need to choose between your **** and your face! I will aim for less calories and accept that few pounds is ok. Running was my magic thing to lose weight but after a car accident I have to watch exercise with impact, so no running. I have discovered the wonders of kale and now substitute that in place of pasta, rice etc. Good luck with everything :)
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh do I feel your frustration! I'm 6-10lbs up in the last year and now working to get it off, or at least lose some inches. I have to say it annoys me when we hear its because of our age. I plan to fight it every step of the way lol. Do you weight lift? That's my biggest recommendation.

The only eating plan that consistently works for me is Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Recharged. I've just started again because I was overthinking the calorie counting on here and there's no need for it on this plan. Its so easy to get consumed.