Share food log?

Options
rowclic
rowclic Posts: 19 Member
I'm hoping to find some fellow PCOSers willing to become friends and share food logs. I'm finding I'm eating the same thing day in and day out and looking for suggestions and ideas to change it up a bit.
I'm down 21lbs since Jan 1 and I'm happy with the results so far and still feeling strong and motivated. I've changed up my macros again today in an effort to further reduce my carbs (now 25%/50%/25%). In particular I'm hoping to get an idea of how to get more fats in as I reduce the carbs.

Thanks ladies!!

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    If you friend me, I share my food logs with my friends. I do LCHF tho so if you are interested in that, friend me!
  • stefne888
    stefne888 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Friend me, I am LCHF also.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Check out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group for a ton of resources.

You can also friend me, if you want. I share my logs with my friends and do LCHF.

Some general ideas, though:

Cook with butter or coconut oil.
    Buy full-fat everything (trade the 1% cottage cheese for 4% or higher; trade the 0% Greek yogurt for full-fat; trade the 1% milk for whole, or even cream depending on your purpose)
    Buy fatty cuts of meat -- 75/25 hamburger, rib steak, etc.
    Add fat to all carbs -- cream with berries, butter and sour cream with potato, oil or cream based dressing for salad, etc.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    rowclic wrote: »
    I'm hoping to find some fellow PCOSers willing to become friends and share food logs. I'm finding I'm eating the same thing day in and day out and looking for suggestions and ideas to change it up a bit.
    I'm down 21lbs since Jan 1 and I'm happy with the results so far and still feeling strong and motivated. I've changed up my macros again today in an effort to further reduce my carbs (now 25%/50%/25%). In particular I'm hoping to get an idea of how to get more fats in as I reduce the carbs.

Thanks ladies!!

I'm set at Keto levels (25 grams of carbs or less daily), and we're already friends, so you've got my diary. Even though you are sticking around LCHF levels rather than keto levels, my best advice is to google whatever you are craving to eat with the word Keto in front of it. If you want to change something up to make it more LCHF rather than keto, you can just cross reference to an "original" version.

So you want burgers? Google "Keto Burgers"
    Pizza? "Keto Pizza"
    Fried Chicken? "Keto Fried Chicken"

You will have your pick of variations. This is how I've expanded my Keto cooking. :)

(The reason I suggest using Keto in the search is that not much is consistently tagged as LCHF or LCHFMP, so Keto is more of a standard term to search on.)
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    "Keto burgers," eh, Knitty? Can't just ditch the bun? Gotta make them special? :wink:
  • Alliwan
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    "Keto burgers," eh, Knitty? Can't just ditch the bun? Gotta make them special? :wink:

LOL i figured it was something like pour your fat/bacon fat back over your patty and serve. I think I need to go google Keto burgers now....
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »

LOL i figured it was something like pour your fat/bacon fat back over your patty and serve. I think I need to go google Keto burgers now....

@FIT_Goat (from the Low Carber group) actually does that. I've been tempted to try it one of these days. I'm thinking mix it in with the burgers instead of just pouring it over. Talk about juice burgers!

I kind of want to Google it now, too, just to see what people have come up with...
  • Alliwan
    Options

@FIT_Goat (from the Low Carber group) actually does that. I've been tempted to try it one of these days. I'm thinking mix it in with the burgers instead of just pouring it over. Talk about juice burgers!

I kind of want to Google it now, too, just to see what people have come up with...

Thats were I got the idea but it is too greasy for me that way. Hubby actually does mix it IN the burgers and that is actually really good! Most of the keto burgers i found were keto buns, altho one type had pork rinds ground up and mixed in to the burger meat. I might try the burger meat, pork rinds and bacon fat mixed together. Sounds very yummy!
  • Dragonwolf
    Options

Thats were I got the idea but it is too greasy for me that way. Hubby actually does mix it IN the burgers and that is actually really good! Most of the keto burgers i found were keto buns, altho one type had pork rinds ground up and mixed in to the burger meat. I might try the burger meat, pork rinds and bacon fat mixed together. Sounds very yummy!

I tried using pork rinds instead of bread crumbs for meatloaf, but we weren't too keen on that one. =/
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited April 2015
    Options

You have to understand, My Favorite @Dragonwolf - I was a total ketchup/mustard/pickle junkie. I have not had Ketchup at all since I went LCHF on 1/15. I needed another way to look at burgers (without just mayo and mustard together, which I have since fully embraced quite happily!).

So I googled and found one that used some herby/spices in the meat (have to do more than s & p), and slather it in a sriracha mayo... and OMG, I was in heaven. It was a nice change, and even my VERY-NOT-ON-BOARD fiance slapped them on some bread and was in love.

Personally, it's much easier if I'm out (as I had to be this weekend) to just do it bunless with a slathering of mayo and mustard together! :)

P.S. And yes, I am special, so of course my burgers are special too, doggone it! Haven't been brave enough yet to try the bacon grease bit! :D
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

You have to understand, My Favorite @Dragonwolf - I was a total ketchup/mustard/pickle junkie. I have not had Ketchup at all since I went LCHF on 1/15. I needed another way to look at burgers (without just mayo and mustard together, which I have since fully embraced quite happily!).

So I googled and found one that used some herby/spices in the meat (have to do more than s & p), and slather it in a sriracha mayo... and OMG, I was in heaven. It was a nice change, and even my VERY-NOT-ON-BOARD fiance slapped them on some bread and was in love.

Personally, it's much easier if I'm out (as I had to be this weekend) to just do it bunless with a slathering of mayo and mustard together! :)

P.S. And yes, I am special, so of course my burgers are special too, doggone it! Haven't been brave enough yet to try the bacon grease bit! :D

Haha! I can see how a bunch of ketchup would push the carb amount up! I've always been a mayo person on my burgers, so I forgot that people do ketchup.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

Haha! I can see how a bunch of ketchup would push the carb amount up! I've always been a mayo person on my burgers, so I forgot that people do ketchup.

Mayo used to make me sicker than a dog. Since switching to Keto and making my own mayo, I'm quite happy to report that this is no longer an issue...at all! :)
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Mayo used to make me sicker than a dog. Since switching to Keto and making my own mayo, I'm quite happy to report that this is no longer an issue...at all! :)

Making your own mayo is amazing! I, unfortunately, never use quite enough... It always seems to go bad (my husband is not a mayo eater at all). Does it freeze?
  • rowclic
    rowclic Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! Some great ideas!