skirt steak?

Options
homesweeths
homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
Managed to score five pounds of grassfed skirt steak @$4.99 per pound. It's in the freezer now in one pound packages. What's your favorite recipe for skirt steak? Is it like flank steak?

Replies

• miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I made a roulade with it for Christmas. It was a recipe from Paleo magazine; I'll try to find it. I don't know if it is like flank steak, but it is usually pretty thin and flat, so it does make a pretty roulade.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Never cooked with it, I think it IS Flank Steak. No particular reason just never got it.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I have made skirt steak, and I put it into the slow cooker with some homemade beef bone broth, thinking it needed slow moist cooking. We prepare flank steak by marinating it and grilling it, but I have not tried that with the skirt steak yet.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    It is similar to flank steak but a different cut. You should be able to use it in any recipe calling for flank steak
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I like to brush spicy brown mustard on one side, then place spinach, hard pooled eggs, fresh herbs, onions and mushrooms. Roll it up, ties it closed with bakers string and grill it. It only takes a few minutes on each side cause it's so thin. It goes great with a balsamic reduction.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    @tat2cookie OMG that sounds amazing. Will you move in with me? lmao - your recipes are amazing
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Now if I could just get my husband to eat my cooking I'd be a happy camper! Lol