Starbucks NSV

Options
I studied in Starbucks today for 4 1/2 hours while my car got worked on nearby (I had no ride so I just had to wait it out)... EVERYTHING in the counter was sugar laden and processed BUT I didn't have anything bad for me! All I had was black tea straight from the bag. I ate some nuts and chopped bell pepper I brought with me. The world didn't end!

I used to go to Starbucks twice a day most days. I'd get a sugary drink with two packets of honey added to it.

Just drinking tea is HUGE for me. : )

Replies

• nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! It's tough to be in an environment that you associate with old habits.
  • mosommer
    mosommer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is great! It is empowering to experience an NSV such as this!
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think you have a right to be big time proud of yourself. I too was a Starbucks frequenter. I have dropped my sugary drinks for just as good unsweetened beverages. AND I don't get pastry any more. I just look at the case and tell myself, you can miss dinner or have that! Good girl!
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awesome! As with me Starbucks is a big downfall for me too, and with it being just a few hundred feet away from me its difficult. However I've chose Iced coffee over caramel macchiatio that I used to get and though today they only had whole milk I usually go with skim or 2% and raw sugar.
    CONGRATS AGAIN!!!
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I had surgery in January and for whatever reason since then, my foo foo coffee addiction is gone. I used to order the White Chocolate Mocha unless I was trying to be good then I had a Skinny Vanilla Latte. Well now that the coffee addiction is gone, I am on to Chai Tea Latte. I am really trying to watch my carb intake as well as the calories and sugar so I decided to pick me up the Oregon Chai in Sugar Free concentrate from my grocery. I am making my own Chai with skim milk at home and at work. Saving myself a ton of calories, carbs and money!
    Now, if I had to sit at Starbucks for 4 hours, Im pretty sure I would buy a Chai Tea Latte there. But once in a while is ok.