MFP & Fitbit linking problem, so frustratred :(

I keep trying to sync my fitbit with myfitnesspal and keep getting "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once."
This can't be right, I don't have any other accounts, I've changed my email and password on fitbit and myfitnesspal, I've deleted both accounts and started over and I still get the same message every time.
It's getting very frustrating, I really want to use myfitnesspal, but not if I can't get this resolved!
Help please!

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Have you contacted FitBit Customer Support?
  • MomofSteele78
    MomofSteele78 Posts: 4 Member
    Is it a fitbit problem or a MFP problem? I've posted this on the help site & I've seen other posts about the same problem others are having but either there's no answer or I get something from MFP that says they will email me a solution but nothing ever happens. I don't want to have to reset my fitbit because I don't want to lose all my friends/stats/badges....
  • NancyN795
    It sounds like a FitBit problem to me, but I could be wrong. It isn't a problem I've had, or seen others have. Some people have trouble with the communication between FitBit and MFP - in that although the accounts are linked information either doesn't get sent, or isn't received. I've only had it happen once - my FitBit calories never showed up on MFP one day. It was fine the next day.

Your problem sounds different, because you can't get the accounts to link at all. FitBit has the mistaken idea that it is already linked to an MFP account.

You indicate that you already changed your accounts, so you've probably already done this, but the only thing I can think to do is go to FitBit Settings->Applications and make sure that MFP isn't shown as one of your applications. If it is, then revoke access. Also go to MFP Apps and look at My Apps on the right. If it shows FitBit Tracker as one of the apps, then click on it and disconnect. Wait a while. Then try connecting them again.

If that doesn't work, or there is no indication on either FitBit or MFP that they're connected, then you all I can think of is to directly contact FitBit customer support.
  • jshowers25
    jshowers25 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the exact same problem! Any solutions?
  • kabobkicker
    kabobkicker Posts: 1 Member
    I'm having the same issue! So frustrating!!
  • pipgerbil
    pipgerbil Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all; new to this group as I just got my HR charge today. Had been using another app recommended by my daughter but it only worked if my phone was actually on my body somehow. As I have a Samsung Note, it got to be a pain to carry around; too big to fit in some pockets so got a wearable. Both my fitbit and MFP say my device is connected, but my steps are not showing up on MFP. I thought it was just something I was doing wrong. Is there a way for all of us to complain and get MFP to address this issue? I have had linkage issues with MFP in the past with my other app, so shouldn't be surprised, I g.uess
  • NancyN795
    pipgerbil wrote: »
    Hi all; new to this group as I just got my HR charge today. Had been using another app recommended by my daughter but it only worked if my phone was actually on my body somehow. As I have a Samsung Note, it got to be a pain to carry around; too big to fit in some pockets so got a wearable. Both my fitbit and MFP say my device is connected, but my steps are not showing up on MFP. I thought it was just something I was doing wrong. Is there a way for all of us to complain and get MFP to address this issue? I have had linkage issues with MFP in the past with my other app, so shouldn't be surprised, I g.uess

Actually, this is probably a simple fix. In the MFP phone app, open the menu and select "Steps" and then select "Fitbit Tracker" as the device to use.
  • I am having the same problem. It keeps saying "another myfitnesspal account is connected to this fitbit account". I have deleted myfitnesspal account and created a new one, made sure no other app was connected to my fitbit account, and I am still getting the same error message. Can someone please help??
  • NancyN795
    I am having the same problem. It keeps saying "another myfitnesspal account is connected to this fitbit account". I have deleted myfitnesspal account and created a new one, made sure no other app was connected to my fitbit account, and I am still getting the same error message. Can someone please help??

I'm not sure, because it hasn't happened to me, but I think I have seen people who have had it say that you have to contact Fitbit customer service (and/or MFP customer service) to get this particular problem corrected.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Considering the complaint is that another MFP account is connected to the Fitbit account - changing the MFP side is worthless - whatever that other MFP account is was of course not the one you were using - nor the new one you created.

You needed to create a new Fitbit account - but deal with Fitbit customer service first to correct it.
  • nekaweeka
    nekaweeka Posts: 1 Member
    In the steps section I do not have an option for my Fitbit, even though MFP tells me that I'm connected...
  • jvanhel
    jvanhel Posts: 1 Member
    Try going to your Fitbit account, and then settings, then applications. find where your MyFitnessPal is currently linked, and hit the “revoke access” button. Then can you wait about 15 minutes, and then log into your current MyFitnessPal account, then go to the main “apps” tab, find Fitbit and try linking the accounts again.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    jvanhel wrote: »
    Try going to your Fitbit account, and then settings, then applications. find where your MyFitnessPal is currently linked, and hit the “revoke access” button. Then can you wait about 15 minutes, and then log into your current MyFitnessPal account, then go to the main “apps” tab, find Fitbit and try linking the accounts again.

I can confirm that this worked for me last week. Make sure to unlink on fitbit side too.
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    MFP has posted in response to people on their Facebook pages that due to increased volume on their servers, their site is acting all wonky. I have had issues all day and just have to keep trying again for it to work.
  • janey591
    janey591 Posts: 1 Member
    Having a similar problem, I've revoked acces on Fitbit, disconnected on MFP, then gone back in and linked them both again, but I still have the same problem. Calories eaten are not linking through onto my Fitbit. Any ideas?
  • NancyN795
    janey591 wrote: »
    Having a similar problem, I've revoked acces on Fitbit, disconnected on MFP, then gone back in and linked them both again, but I still have the same problem. Calories eaten are not linking through onto my Fitbit. Any ideas?

When this happens (MFP acknowledges a syncing backlog), there is nothing to do but wait. A couple of times in the past, when my food has been syncing from MFP to Fitbit, but calories burned haven't been going the other way, I've fallen back on using Fitbit to help me decide how much I should eat, even though I prefer MFP for that. If food wasn't syncing either, I guess I'd manually enter meal summaries to get to the same information.
  • darthmom4
    darthmom4 Posts: 2 Member
    I have the same problem. MFP says that my FitBit is connected to another MFP account. I've tried disconnecting it on the FitBit side (which is simple), waiting and reconnecting and still same error. I have upgraded to Premium and hope they will help. I have no other MFP account.
  • NancyN795
    darthmom4 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. MFP says that my FitBit is connected to another MFP account. I've tried disconnecting it on the FitBit side (which is simple), waiting and reconnecting and still same error. I have upgraded to Premium and hope they will help. I have no other MFP account.

Upgrading to premium isn't necessary to get help. I forget whether it is MFP customer service or Fitbit customer service that has to take action to fix this particular problem, but it isn't something you can solve on your own.
  • stevenley59
    stevenley59 Posts: 1 Member
    Bump...having same issue. Waiting now more than 48 hours without any response from Fitbit. Get a warning saying the Fitbit is connected to another mfp account. It's a new fit bit. Have only ever had one account. Started a new Fitbit and mfp account and had the same issue. Contacted Fitbit and they told me it was on mfp end after helping me to do all of the above step such as revoke and selected step counting device. I've done all multiple times.
    Please help
  • Kbwswim16
    Kbwswim16 Posts: 3 Member
    Bump. I have everything disconnected now. Who is best to contact first to get this resolved? (fitbit or MFP)