MFP & Fitbit linking problem, so frustratred :(

Options
2»

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Kbwswim16 wrote: »
    Bump. I have everything disconnected now. Who is best to contact first to get this resolved? (fitbit or MFP)

It's almost certainly an MFP problem. It isn't clear, though exactly what problem you're having. If you're not seeing your steps and not getting an adjustment then try reconnecting the accounts but then make sure you check that MFP is using "Fitbit Tracker" as your step source.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    fitbit reading calories from here, but exercise not logging from fitbit (including steps and cycle commute). Assume there is some issue to be resolved. have done the disconnect thing. worked ok yesterday.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, calatibo. It's really, really irritating.
  • nightingaleLDN
    nightingaleLDN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had this problem - it's a MFP problem not a Fitbit one. You need to raise a ticket with MFP and they're super busy so it can take a while for them to get back to you. Fitbit can't help because the problem is on MFP's end.

The Fitbit food diary is awful, so it's worth persevering. MFP makes all the difference.
  • hamdehhamdeh
    hamdehhamdeh Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone.. you have to delete any previous MFP accounts. I had two of them and I deleted the old one and than MFP allowed me to connect to my fitbit to my new MFP account... TRY THIS I HOPE IT WORKS
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.. you have to delete any previous MFP accounts. I had two of them and I deleted the old one and than MFP allowed me to connect to my fitbit to my new MFP account... TRY THIS I HOPE IT WORKS

That's a rather infrequent rare case. And usually (it used it anyway) it specifically stated that issue.
    Same if 2 Fitbit accounts.

Problem is tech support had to truly get rid of 2nd account - so still needed assist.
  • kimmers723
    kimmers723 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Literally just fixed this issue. I had to delete my connections in fit bit and MFP. Reconnect and you have to select the steps in the settings of MFP. I also had to enable the the negative calorie adjustments. Complicated....I know!
  • spahnlie
    spahnlie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue where I try and sync Fitbit and MFP. I get the "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once."

- I only have one MFP account.

- I have tried the solution presented here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Charge-hr-won-t-sync-with-myfitnesspal/td-p/794976

- Revoking MFP access, logging out of both accounts, waiting, and trying to sync again does not work.

- I tried contacting both MFP and Fitbit support with no reply.

I'm starting to feel that this is a lost cause.
  • heybales
    Options
    You can't fix that error on your own. none of the thrown around solutions will work.
    The comment prior to yours was NOT on the same issue.

You must contact MFP.
  • 215darlene
    215darlene Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Help us please
  • heybales
    Options
    215darlene wrote: »
    Help us please

MFP techs do NOT read these forums to find people to help.

If you have the issue as described in this topic - solution was given twice - contact MFP directly.

Fitbit may be faster, but the issue probably isn't on their end - they can disconnect the account - But MFP side will still see that device ID linked to another MFP account.
  • NinjaOlu
    NinjaOlu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just solved this now - and it WAS because I had an old account linked to my Fitbit...Save the fustration and search your old emails for old accounts. Mine is syncing perfectly.
  • KH_52
    KH_52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was having this exact same issue and was certain I only ever had one MyFitnessPal account and couldn't understand why, when I tried to connect my Fitbit to my account, it was saying there was another account already linked. Having read the above advice from NinjaOlu, I racked my brains to think of what old email addresses I may have signed in on - remembered I first had an account back in 2016 when I was working somewhere else and gave that email address a shot - turns out I DID create an account using that email address. Deleted account, tried linking again to current MyFitnessPal account and hey presto - it connected!!

If anyone is having this same issue - take the advice above - check old emails just in case you signed up previously with a different email address!!

Thank you NinjaOlu :-)