April 2

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey gang,
I'm finally on my laptop, not my phone, so I can write a real post. The last few days here have been pretty busy. I've got less than a month to get everything cleaned and organized before I leave for my long trip south. Can't wait to spend time with my sister!!! I didn't get to make this visit last year, and we didn't gather at Thanksgiving or Christmas, so I haven't seen her or given her a big sister hug in almost a YEAR.

Zac, I LOVE the photos from your show, and I'm absolutely amazed by how high you can kick! Holy cow!!! You're so amazing!!! I wish I had a daughter; I would ship her off to Utah to marry you immediately based on just the high kick alone. Good for you for having the courage to live your life on your own terms, and to always be reaching for more. I can't believe you're juggling the show, grad school, and your nightly walks with your dog (hahaha) so well. Cari, please please please, reach out when you need some extra support. I'll message you my phone number. Feel free to call or text. We're in similar shoes, honey. Surgery didn't fix everything... it's just a tool, and sometimes I don't WANT to do what I need to do either!!!! Nancy, are you serious about the weather??? Oh, I would like to be there just for a DAY of being hot and sweaty!!! It's got to be tough, though, to try to stay motivated to exercise when you're in 100 degree sand storms! Ugh!!! Norah, I don't know if you're checking in, but good luck with the final wedding plans. Can't wait to see photos and hear about how fabulous it was!

K.

Replies

• KarenZen
    Options
  • KarenZen
    Options
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all of these photos! SO wonderful to see the happiness in your lives!

I'm starting to accept the fact that I think I'm lactose intolerant, which is a total bummer for a Wisconsin girl like me. I do okay with yogurt, some cheeses, and a tiiiiny bit of milk in my coffee, but if I have a full glass of milk or something else full of dairy, I end up in a lot of pain. I've thought about the possibility before, but this week I've been eating less dairy than usual, and so far I haven't had my usual awful stomach cramps. I might try cutting out dairy entirely for a week to see how I feel and then slowly add in a little bit (like yogurt). If I have issues with cheese, I might just have to start taking lactaid pills because I can't imagine life without it!

I'm feeling pretty good with my eating this week! There are these little mini sweet peppers that were on sale and they are so delicious.

Walking home from work is such a treat. I lovelovelove it -- it relaxes me, gets me my steps, gives me some "me" time, lets me catch up on podcasts... I'm thinking about maybe starting walking TO work, but mornings are rough for me. I'll give it a try next week, with the hope that getting some early exercise in will give me a boost in the early mornings.

Karen, I'm excited for your visit to your sister! Good luck with your pre-trip to-do list. Will you be able to check in here while you're with her?
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    HIya everyone!! I'm here, doing a bit better. Life's just been a bit nuts right now. I agree, Karen, our WLS tool just fixed our digestive track, not our heads. I need to get my head in tune with the body and need for both my mom and dad to get healthy enough that I can get away and do the gym and other things for me. I'm scheduled for vacation at the end of this month, not sure how it's going to work out. Although, walking on the beach sounds just amazing right now. I found out the hard way today that the further out I get from surgery, I dump... I'm so GLAD about this as now regardless of how badly I want the junk food as GOD knows I still have cravings out the wazoo, I can't eat it without getting ill. Which is a good thing, at least in my eyes.

I talked to this guy yesterday who claims to be a PT... told me I need to get up at 5am and workout or I'll never reach my goals. That stung a bit, but reality is, he's most likely correct. I see my NUT at the end of this month and would love to be under the 300lb mark by then. I'm going back to basics to get me there.

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!!

Hugs and love
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Cari, quick note, you don't have to get up at 5 a.m. to work out, but you do need to find a consistent time to do it. I just can't do early mornings, but I CAN do later evenings, and I'm consistently in the pool five days/week from 7-8:30 p.m. My friend Christine works an extra half hour every day so she can take 90 minutes lunches and spend them at the gym. Find what works for you; take care of YOU first. If you die from complications from obesity, you won't be any good to your mom and dad anyway, right?
    K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note from me...Cari, I DO get up early to exercise....not at 5am, but at 3:30AM! No kiddin! If I don't get it in, in the morning, I don't do it! Of course I go to bed around 9 or 10pm. For some unknown reason, I can not sleep past 6 hours a night! This is sooooooo not good for me, but I can't change it for the life of me. I don't want to take sleeping aids (I do take a benadryl to get a solid 6 hours in...if not for that, it would be only 5!). So I agree with Karen, you need to be consistent! Later guys...I am in a 'cleaning ' frenzy after we had a horrific sandstorm that lasted over 12 hours!!Must have 1/4 inch of sand all over my place...so much for 'sealed' windows! Came in thru the AC too!! Cheers!