Metabolism

Options
tonihunter945
tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
since we are over 40, how can we speed up our metabolism? Any helpful hints?

Replies

• azneee
    azneee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I see it as 3-fold:
    1-A good nights sleep and...
    2-eating high protein breakfast so I have the gusto for...
    3-a good workout.

In my 20s and 30s, I didn't need the first 2 things but now they're critical to my exercise and I believe exercise is critical for healthy metabolism.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think the only way is increasing lean muscle mass as a % of body weight.
  • jeremymegill
    jeremymegill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stress is a key factor here. Purge it. Make sure you are eating your 3 standard square meals. Breakfast is a big one with high protein. Make sure and get a couple high fiber/protein snacks in also.

Another thing that with help kick start it is strawberries. I personally use them in all my pre and post workout shakes. I have been doing this for going on a month now and I feel like I am hungry all the time but I eating all the time.

Now I will say up till I was about 30 my metabolism was insane like this. But now that I am counting everything I consume close to 2k to 2.5k calories a day and burn 2.5k to 3.5k on my active days

Hope this helps
  • drdst91
    drdst91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Exercising and eating 3 meals and healthy snacks in between. Protein, vegetables, nuts/seeds, etc. More muscles mass will increase metabolism. Good luck to you.
  • Pamcakes37221
    Pamcakes37221 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do believe it's all about keeping up your exercise to increase muscle mass--it is harder at this age, but not impossible!!