How's it going so far?

Options
mistij68
mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
Good morning everyone! How are you doing so far on the diet? I hope you are adjusting to what you need to eat and what you should have in stock at home. There seems to be a lot of choices for snack ,smoothies and protein drinks. For the 150 calorie and 100 calorie snack choices, just go through them all and choose about a weeks worth of each(150,100) snacks that you will enjoy and is easy for you. That way you have it in stock and that will be your go to snack. And choose wisely, make the snack worth while. Make sure it's satisfying to you. Because believe it or not you can have 2 dole fruit bars or weight watchers ice cream sandwhich bars, or no sugar added fudgesicle or popsicle. But it's better than an1/8 piece of entenmann's light golden or chocolate cake. I don't know about you but I couldn't stop at an 1/8 of a piece :laugh: . But there are quick snacks like the Kashi honey flax almond bar or Nature valley bars or Special-k bars that you can bring with you on the go. I, like to eat the 100 calorie cottage cheese doubles, or greek yogurt which is usually 150 calories with fruit. But I'm sure they do have 100 calorie yougurts as well. So like I said there is a lot to choose from, especially healthy choices, so choose wisely. This is your journey, so travel well! :smile: .

Also you have the recipes for the smoothies ,protein shakes and soups. Which is great if you have time to prepare them. If not, there are prepared smoothies in the stores. Such as Odwalla, Naked, Bolthouse, Cuties(150-220) calories and others. Just beware of serving size and calories per serving size. Also Odwalla has the protein smoothies as well or you can purchase protein powder and make it yourself. As far as the soups are concerned it's probably better to make it yourself, just because you can control the sodium(salt) content. But if you don't have the time, try Progresso or Campbell's healthy choice, low-sodium soups. Just remember you can only have no more than 480mg of sodium per serving. Remember this week your smoothies, protein shakes and soups should be 300 calories or less. Starting next week, it will be 250 calories or less. So be aware. So I hope some of this information was helpful. And also don't forget to exercise a least 5 times a week at least 30 minutes a day, but more is always welcome:smile: . So good luck and God bless!