Weekly Post - 05/04/ - 11/04/2015

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
This week flew by.... It's already April!

I'm still not where I'd like to be food wise. It's been a mentally and emotionally challenging time in many ways.

Mom's surgery on Thursday went well and she will be leaving the hospital on Monday for two weeks in a rehab center. Doggy is finally adjusting to being with me...she is such a momma's pup! On Tuesday she has to 'move' again. And I will take her again on the 17th for a week.

I've been off work since Wednesday afternoon. The weather has been etrocious, cold, rain, wind....but we've been out there walking and running at least two hours a day. And today she watched me doing Jillian Michael's fat burning training. So funny. An awesome workout btw, for anyone who's up for it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w&app=desktop

Two more weeks of work and then I have a week of vacation. I may go hiking for a few days with my mom's dog at my side in a very beautiful valley in the south of Switzerland, the weather allowing....

Got an answer today to a question I sent out a few weeks ago ...a question of the <3 ...anyway not the answer I wanted, but I kind of expected it. At least now I have clarity and can move forward. I've been a bit in limbo the last few weeks.

Celebrating Easter and my birthday tomorrow with family and twice more next week, so next fast day won't be until Thursday. Even though I've been eating loads, the walking seems to be keeping my weight in check. It's higher than I'd like, but stabil. I'll live with that for the moment. I'm hoping the clarity will help me get back on track food and fast wise.

Hope you find all of your Easter eggs and bunnies :p

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter my lovelies!!!!!!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!

Had a rough week last week and only did 1 fast. Caught the head cold that was going around and felt sick for several days so I didn't feel like fasting. Of course I tend to eat tons of bread and other carbs when I'm sick so I went over TDEE most of the days and am up on the scale this morning :(

Oh well, this week is a new week. Still coughing a bit but feeling much better.

I like Jillian's workouts! She's funny and can be motivating. I don't like it when she yells on the show (Biggest Loser), but she doesn't generally yell in the workout videos so they're much better.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! :D
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Happy bday, dear Flumi!

Too bad on the heart question :'( As you know, tenderness can't be forced. This might not sound like a consolation: But unresolved matters are far more toxic to the system than a bad outcome. Cause it keeps us in emotional hostage.

Someone told me once there was a mice study where they were deprived food and water on a schedule. And as long as the feeding pattern was predictable, it was ok with low intake. But when they changed low intake with an unpredictable timing pattern, the mice got depressed or showed high signs of distress.

This is how I've dealt with problems: Pretending to be brave and «tough», ignoring the hurt and disappointment. Leading to overeating and impulsive choices to «comfort». I now realize that allowing the feelings, whether good or bad, is the only way for ME to reduce this behavior. Self compassion. I've recently started meditation as a tool to practice being non-judgemental with myself. It's not easy to change and reprogram brain, but I truly believe it's worth it :)

Be kind to yourself.
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We love you flumi <3
    Powered through my swim, really noticed improved breathing and lapped my friend who usually laps me and on a fast day zoom zoom and miso soup yummy, feeling good B)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'll get over it and use it to grow. I cried on my walk this morning and smiled at the sun in my face on the way back. He's a great guy and was very honest. He has too many issues to solve right now. I kind of figured that as I met him at the constellation seminar I went to a few weeks back and picked up a few bits and pieces. But cupid didn't care about that.

I know, what he was sent to teach me. It's a pattern I've known all my life. Falling for the unavailable. I'm a pro at that. The only way to know if I've solved it, was to meet someone. The higher powers now showed me...pattern not solved yet...work to be done. My issues and I are like an onion. Slowly reaching the core one layer at a time. So I'll go peel a bit more.

I've asked for a spot in the next constellation seminar at the end of May to solve and let go of my pattern.

Don't know if the tears this morning were more for the love that can not be lived or the realization, I haven't solved an important issue in my life yet.

Now off for a shower and then strawberry champagne, cheese fondue over the fire and drunken guiness Baileys cupcakes for me. Yup just what the doctor ordered
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Great plan flumi
  • flumi_f
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Now off for a shower and then strawberry champagne, cheese fondue over the fire and drunken guiness Baileys cupcakes for me. Yup just what the doctor ordered

After that ^^^ and being around my family I'm feeling better :p

Got a spot at the next seminar too. Not until the end of May, but I'm off to my tarot group on Wednesday. I'm sure the cards will show me the steps I need to take until then. Looked at some of my layings from the past few months. In retrospect. ..it's all there to see. Everything that has happened. Though hard atm...the outcome is good if I do my homework. I am the master of my own success.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Unintended fast day today. I got called into work today so yayyyyyy no eating.
    I scoffed down a sanga for lunch and porridge for brekky. Nothing else. I'm still at work atm. It looks like a double shift today / tonight
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great Easter!! I ate WAYYYYYYYY too much, and I feel terrible! I am STILL sick (ugh!!) and I practically skipped my fasts last week, so this week I'm going to attempt 3. I think it's going to be really hard, but I need it. I am fasting today, and then Wednesday and Thursday. YIKES!

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all. Fasting today and Thursday. It'll be tough, my daughter said all the Easter candy & basket I gave my granddaughter had to stay here, she has plenty at home. I can hear the faint whisper of my name comeing from those plastic, yummy-fillled, eggs. Sometimes working from home isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Happy belated birthday, flumi. Feel better soon bburg. Everyone have a great week!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Unintended fast day today.

That just never happens in my world..... Good job, Karen
  • NadiaMirabilia
    NadiaMirabilia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So relieved the food temptations of Easter are behind me! Ohmygoodness, the shock of plugging in all that food and seeing the total calories. If it wasn't for MFP I wouldn't have thought it was possible for me to eat that much in one day.

It's a new day and a new week. Trying not to beat myself up for my choices last week and swing myself back up onto the wagon. My inspiration - fitting into my skinny jeans comfortably.

Good luck to all! XO
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had a great fast day today. My DH went to a new gym today and had a good workout. Its been about 10 years since we been to the gym.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Sooooooo tired. Double shift yesterday. And a fast day. Now today back at work. I'm absolutely knackered. Happy days everyone else!!!!!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Celebrating Easter and my birthday tomorrow

No wonder I like you. We share the same birthday. April 5, right?
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f You are so brave to share your heartache. I really hope that it is temporary.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    Celebrating Easter and my birthday tomorrow

No wonder I like you. We share the same birthday. April 5, right?

Almost,jknight. My birthday is actually today (7th). We just usually celebrate it together with easter because we have alot of birthdays etc in April and May.

Happy belated birthday to you!!!!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Back to normal today after a lovely busy long weekend with the family out & about in the sunshine B) Must have eaten my own bodyweight (though strangely not much chocolate, that's still looking at me from the corner of the living room) and feeling bloated so happily embracing a FD today. Not feeling at all hungry so just drinking green tea all morning, will have a small work lunch then no dinner (half of the family are out tonight so I only have my little lad to cook for).

Happy birthday @flumi_f :) and jknight001 !

Hope everyone had a great day! B)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks Coby. Holding it in will only make it worse. I shall turn it into something positive.

Thanks Iwanna!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Finished my fast last night a little over, but it's better than last week's fasts. Going to attempt two more tomorrow and Thursday.. scale is still trending UP since last week, but with Easter, I kind of expected that. I need to get back to making my healthy foods ahead of time. This processed junk is making me feel awful!