Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favorite Cardio/Motivation?

I swim (~20 min) twice a week, and take four dance classes, but none of these things really get my heart rate up.

Outside of these activities, I do extra cardio about twice a week, but can't seem to find any joy in it! Meaning I've got no motivation to push myself...any tips or fave workouts??

Replies

• mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Outdoors I like to bike & run. In the gym it's spin, treadmill, and Precor AMT. I find a really good playlist helps. I found some fun playlists on Spotify that were created by the good folks at Fit Bottomed Girls and Women's Running Magazine.

Also, a good cardio class can help too. I have some go to spin classes with instructors that I really like.
  • Mountainmelody
    Mountainmelody Posts: 13 Member
    I live a long way from a gym so work out at home, but even though I have an elliptical and stationary bike, neither of those are fun for me. I get bored sitting there watching TV doing the same motion over and over. I had to think outside the "norm" and figure out what is fun for me. I started to play competitive volleyball, and work out kickboxing and on the aerial gymnastic pole. I'm a lot more motivated since it's fun and there is brain stimulation as well as a work out. Hope this helps!