Homemade fried chicken legs Keto style! Best way to add to MFP?

Options
Just made these, but have no idea how to add them to MFP, do I just guess?

1 cup coconut flour (but didn't use allot)
1 cup Parmesan cheese (but didn't use allot)
garlic salt, Lawry's seasoned salt
6 chicken legs
coconut oil

in the deep fryer for about 20 minutes, turned out amazing, here's a pic...nyg31is2avrl.jpg

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that looks good
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you want to be really accurate, enter the chicken legs as a recipe. Enter each ingredient used. Choose the serving size as 1. Measure the total weight of the chicken legs once they are cooked. Weigh the chicken legs to be eaten. Divide the weight of the legs to be eaten by the total weight of the cooked legs. Use this ratio to determine the proportion of the recipe to be eaten. Job done.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have some chicken legs and am going to try this! First time, I would weigh breading ingredients before and after breading to see how much used, use chicken weight for legs. Hopefully there is a USDA entry that is fairly accurate. I usually ignore frying oil or add just a small amount per serving. Proper temp frying means food should not absorb much oil at all. If you want to be really accurate weigh or measure oil both before and after cooking.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Looks good! I also use Almond flour and coconut flour, or almond flour and parmesan for breading.
  • jerryellis63012
    jerryellis63012 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    Oh wow that looks good

Thanks! It was super tasty!
  • jerryellis63012
    jerryellis63012 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you want to be really accurate, enter the chicken legs as a recipe. Enter each ingredient used. Choose the serving size as 1. Measure the total weight of the chicken legs once they are cooked. Weigh the chicken legs to be eaten. Divide the weight of the legs to be eaten by the total weight of the cooked legs. Use this ratio to determine the proportion of the recipe to be eaten. Job done.
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    I have some chicken legs and am going to try this! First time, I would weigh breading ingredients before and after breading to see how much used, use chicken weight for legs. Hopefully there is a USDA entry that is fairly accurate. I usually ignore frying oil or add just a small amount per serving. Proper temp frying means food should not absorb much oil at all. If you want to be really accurate weigh or measure oil both before and after cooking.

Both of these sound like great ways of doing it! Will have to go with the first way this time as I didn't weigh any ingredients. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Just made these, but have no idea how to add them to MFP, do I just guess?

1 cup coconut flour (but didn't use allot)
    1 cup Parmesan cheese (but didn't use allot)
    garlic salt, Lawry's seasoned salt
    6 chicken legs
    coconut oil

in the deep fryer for about 20 minutes, turned out amazing, here's a pic...nyg31is2avrl.jpg

They look yummy! How did you make the coconut stick to the chicken?

Dan the Man from Michigan