Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter

sweetteadrinker2
sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
How did everyone else do on their carbs this easter? I'm sitting low on calories, and 17 grams net carbs so I'm quite pleased.

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    1 small glass of pinot noir. (Total of about 6g for day.) )Otherwise under 3g since April 1.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Miserable failure for me today. Had multiple reactions to foods that I kinda knew would bother me but wasn't expecting it so bad. Went over on all my goals including way high on fat which is still stressing me. But I'm hopeful about tomorrow being a better day.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    I passed the free milk chocolate candy test. I passed the free freshly baked chocolate chip cookie test. I passed the free jelly bean test. But I failed the free salt water taffy test. :(
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Carbs perfect 17, 14 and 14 grams the past 3 days. First 2 days were low on fat, yesterday was high. First and third days were high on protein, second day on the lower end of perfect.

I have the tiniest Cadbury cream egg sitting on my desk that my son gave me but I'm going to save it until May when I can look up the calories as well as the carbs before I choose to modify a day to fit it into my macros. Given the effect of a minute nibble of fresh mango the other day I'm not sure how this will affect me anyway LOL The mango was home grown - the only one that the little tree produced this year so I did want to sample it and had a 40g piece, paced out over an hour in tiny nibbles.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    I have passed with high marks except wine (which is not too much it is dry) and sweet potato fries. No candy, no junk except a serving of sweet potato fries...which I am OK with, I was on a double shift and very stressed, the worst time for me to resist! Could have been much worse!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Net carbs 19... 308 calories under.... A little higher than I like on carbs but still under my net 25 hard limit. But macros were off, fat too low, protein too high.
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Top marks here, I left the chocolate eggs quite easily but nearly gave in to the warm hot cross buns I was helping to serve and prepare at church. Just stopped myself at the last minute..
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Above my carb goal but below my "forgive myself" allowance. No real indulgences, just a bit of carb creep. Would have been higher with cheesecake for dessert but my husband didn't feel well after dinner so we skipped it.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Cadbury cream eggs are about 24g of carbs per egg.

I had a couple bratwurst that probably had a gram or two of carbs. The rest of my food was steak or ribs. And I made the ribs with almost no seasoning, and definitely no sugar. So, I was definitely under 5g.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Is this a contest? Is there a prize?
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    No so great, but not horrible. I ended up with 35 net, 15 over my goal, but recoverable. Fat was a little low... that darn turkey!

Although I was 975 over my calorie goal... Im not looking at that for April!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Mine turned into a day of fasting. The opportunity to eat didn't come, so I just went with it and had a great day! Not even tempted by the chocolate that was everywhere! My biggest challenge was when I was shopping for my son and husband some Easter candy. The first that I picked up was my favorite, though I put it back on the shelf before I went to checkout. Major for me!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,069 Member
    I had worried so much about Easter dinner, but overall I am generally pleased with myself. I did go over on my carbs yesterday, and had 6 cadbury mini eggs, and some red wine, but mainly my carb count was up due to increased vegetable and nut intake. I did not eat the scalloped potatoes, saffron rice, Easter bread, cake or cupcakes or chocolate my guests ate, but I made a great keto broccoli salad, spinach salad, deviled eggs, cauliflower with cheddar cheese, asparagus with butter, and ham and garlic sausage. It was good. I was at 35g carbs, but I will get back on track today. The best part about the dinner was that I sent all my guests home with all the starchy and sugary leftovers, and I just have the protein and low carb veggies left in my fridge ! I noticed some water retention this morning, so I am fasting today and will drink lots of water.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,069 Member
    Oh, I forgot to mention one more thing about Easter. It was so much physical work for me to prepare my house for the event and to do all that cooking. I was on my feet for practically two whole days, cleaning and scrubbing and chopping, and reorganizing the furniture in my small house to accommodate my whole family for dinner....that I ended up expending way more energy than if I had been sitting in front of the computer all day. The great thing about it is that I had way more energy than in previous years !
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Not the tiny little thing that I have here. It weighs 8 grams in total. I believe it's 9 carbs, 2 fat, 0 protein. Certainly won't be eaten until May by Granny May anyway ;)

Well done to everyone!

• tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    I did go over my calories by 500 but I did not indulge and I kept my net carbs under 30 grams. So, not to bad.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    I have no idea, as I didn't track yesterday, but I didn't eat anything off plan. I did eat a couple of LC desserts, though.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I did not track, I ate without worry, and I enjoyed every bit of it. The day was about spending time with my kids and having fun. I ate some candy, and I ate a cheeseburger when we went to dinner. I like eating Low Carb, it is helping me to achieve my weight loss goals, but I also enjoy an occasional indulge day. I am not going to let it stress me out one bit. I am probably out of Keto, but I know I will be right back in in a day or two. Maybe I wont see a loss this week, but I know I probably will next week.

I have been on this journey towards my goal weight for a while, and the one thing I have learned is to not feel guilty about food. By taking away the good/bad or right/wrong feelings about food, I have learned to enjoy everything I eat a lot more. I also stress a lot less about food. I have maintained a 50+ weight loss for 2 years now, and I continue to strive to lose the last 20, but life is not about how much I weigh. I will not remember this Easter by what I did or did not eat, I will remember the fun I had with my kids :)
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    My few exceptions were pie made by my 90 year old granny (I will never tell her no) and extra berries. Carbs were high from lots of veggies and salad. I felt great and owned my choices, and now choose to fall back on what I think is a solid, happy, lchf foundation. :)
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Not the tiny little thing that I have here. It weighs 8 grams in total. I believe it's 9 carbs, 2 fat, 0 protein. Certainly won't be eaten until May by Granny May anyway ;)

Well done to everyone!

Are you seriously going to look at that egg until May?? LOL!! It would have been in s garbage can the moment I saw it :) let us know how that goes, such temptations are going to eat you alive LOL