Can you burn too many calories???

Options
So...Thursday night I had to go out of town for work after doing Combat 60 that morning and baking and cooking and preparing for my daughters birthday party which had me on my feet for most of the day. According to MFP I needed to eat over 2800 calories to just to hit my net of 1430! On my hungriest day I don't eat that much unless I throw in sweets, which I'm trying (keyword "trying" :)) to avoid. So I ended up only consuming about 1800 cals which nearly put me at a negative net cal for the day. Friday, I woke up famished, and since I was travelling, not only did I miss my morning workout but I ate to satisfy my raving appetite, so that put me about 500 cals over my goal for the day. I really hate being off balance like that! I can only imagine how days like that work against your body & metabolism!

Although it wasn't intentional (just had a really busy day), I wonder if burning too many calories on any given day work against you? I don't think I would have been as hungry on the day that I missed my workout if I hadn't been at such a deficit the day before.

Replies

• Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me I just try to balance it out! It doesn't happen every day, but once in a while you have one of those crazy days, and I find that it works out...I might be super hungry and eat a little over then next day, but that is ok and I don't feel guilty about doing that.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see this until just now!!

I have days where I burn a ton as well...weekends I'm way more active so like this past Saturday I had to stuff my face to eat enough. Nut butters, butter, nuts, basically any condiment...any extras you usually don't eat because they are high calorie are fair game on days like that. I take the opportunity to have stuff like chicken salad, guacamole, ice cream or cookies (desserts) that I normally don't have.