Ratio lchf

Options
cehare48
cehare48 Posts: 6 Member
i have been really good over the last three weeks and my bs has gone down to 6.3 fasting. Cut out pasta

Replies

• cehare48
    cehare48 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    cehare48 wrote: »
    i have been really good over the last three weeks and my bs has gone down to 6.3 fasting. I have cut out pasta bread etc. but not sure what ratio I should put on Myfitness diary. I have 35% protein and fat and 30% carbs. Is this ok. I am 9st3lb type 2. Any suggestions would be welcome as al little fed up of my weight not going down.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's a common reaction for many people to expect a rapid response to their efforts to lose weight or control blood glucose. The first lesson to learn is patience. After all It probably took some time eating incorrectly to get to a stage where we are overweight or diabetic or both. One of the most effective weapons is information and awareness otherwise we are just engaged in hit or miss followed by frustration. Many diabetics find that by self monitoring their blood glucose they are able to eliminate problem foods or at least drastically reduce the amount of problem food they eat. If you haven't yet been allocated a place on a diabetic education course you should follow this up with your Dr. Good information sources are a book by Jenny Ruhl called Bloodsugar 101. This is easy to read and very informative. There is also a website of the same name. WWW.phlaunt.com is another good source. To answer your question ref ratios there are a number of easy to use calaculators readily available on line. Pick one you're happy with. One possible is keto calculator.ankerl.com but there are many to choose from. With a disciplined approach there is no reason why the vast majority of diabetics can not live healthy and active lives. I wish you well on your journey.
  • robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    LCHF....a miracle program for me. In scientific studies not only is the weight improved on a low carb diet – the blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol profile (HDL, triglycerides) are also improved. Sugar is down to 140 and less from 340, the other readings are all normal now. A calm stomach and less cravings for sweet food are also common experiences.
    These are reasons I stay with the LCHF. I have taken Prilosec for over20 years; NO MORE!
    My skin is much improved. A good book Dr. Bernstein's "Diabetes Solution" is very good.