Suryanamaskar/Sun Salutations

Options
Anyone have done 108 times(54 Sets of Suryanamaskar) if yes how long it took for you,Have done Suryanamaskar 108 times
and i took 40 Minutues for same.

Cheers

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I've done it a couple of times. It's taken me any where from 75 min to 3 hours depending on how fast I do them and if I do anything else (inversions, standing poses, etc) in between.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just do wii fit yoga .. why would one do this many Sun Salutations at one time?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just do wii fit yoga .. why would one do this many Sun Salutations at one time?

108 is considered an auspicious number to yogis. Doing 108 Sun Salutations or drop backs or whatever is considered an act of devotion and surrender.
  • raaiindrops
    raaiindrops Posts: 134
    Options

Renowned mathematicians of Vedic culture viewed 108 as a number of the wholeness of existence. This number also connects the Sun, Moon, and Earth: The average distance of the Sun and the Moon to Earth is 108 times their respective diameters. Such phenomena have given rise to many examples of ritual significance.

According to yogic tradition, there are 108 pithas, or sacred sites, throughout India. And there are also 108 Upanishads and 108 marma points, or sacred places of the body.

And, yes, one can offer a yoga mala of 108 Sun Salutations. Please take a moment to visit www.globalmala.org for more information on the power of 108