Lost 5lbs at start, then gained it back?

Options
I started March 15th, lost 5lbs(probably water) in the first two weeks, it stopped there and then its back? Am I doing something wrong?
I cut overall calories back because I don't get much exercise other than light housework and waiting on 5mo-5 year olds.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I didn't look at your entire diary, but your calories did look high for a while after 3/15.

You should be fine now that you've reduced calories. You still need a calorie deficit to lose weight even if you're ketogenic. Ketosis (along with the protein in your diet) should reduce hunger, which can naturally reduce caloric intake and lead to weight loss. But it's still possible to eat too much.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started keto on 3/15. I started by just making sure I got enough fat. My calories were set to like 1800 or something and in those first two weeks I lost the weight. After I knew I was in ketosis for a while, I used a few keto calculators to determine a good calorie limit for me and was given 1322. That is when I started to gain the weight back.
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Eat keto, don't mind calories too much but track your carbs. Everything else will fall into place. I had a home daycare and my exercise was a wiggles music dvd, the kids loved the jumping around and I lost 2 sizes!!!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Your body is not a machine. It may take some time to adapt to the new foods you are eating and it may also need time to heal. If it hasn't been properly nourished, it may need to reverse that. It's only been a few weeks, give it time.

In the meantime, keep calm and keep going. :)