Losing weight with medical problems

Options
diva382
diva382 Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone on here trying to lose weight are on haemodialysis and have also had a liver transplant and have any tips on dieting while on steriods and also I have to follow
a low pottasium diet, basically even someone trying to lose weight on steriods. I start off with good intentions in the morning, then at night it goes bck to binge eating. Hope everyone else is managing their mfp. It's not all bad though, my son's easter eggs are in the fridge and I've not had 1 bit x

Replies

• sueatherbest
    sueatherbest Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't have medical issues, so I can't relate, but I'm here for you. Steroids can really mess with your appetite, can't they? If I can offer some advice, plan your day, specifically your meals and beverages. I have found the pie chart that shows me my carb, fat and protein percentages incredibly helpful. I don' t concern my self with calories any more, except to stay within 200 calories of it. As long as I'm getting between 1000-1400 Val's/day and my pie chart is balanced, I feel good. I did some research on body types and how much carbs, fat, protein I should have and use those percentages. I tend to have weight around my waist and so my percentages are: 40% fat, 35% protein, 25% carbs.I'm going to send you. a friend request.Maybe now is the time to maintain, rather than lose? You have a lot on your plate. Maybe now is the time to teach yourself healthy eating habits and think about weight loss after you've gotten off some of The Meds