Would someone mind checking my food diary?

I'd really like to make sure I've got my ratios right. slightly concerned I'm too heavy on the dairy and not sure on protein levels? Am reading New Atkins.

I've lost 3.5 kilos in 3 weeks, which is just not as much as I hoped.

I'm using ketostix which show a moderate reading most of the time. I have definitely been strictly on 20 carbs or less per day, but did drink gin and slimline tonics during induction (couldn't help it!). Have been well under the 1200 calorie limit each day (except for Easter Monday yesterday when I succumbed to lychee martinis and roast pork)......

My body is probably very used to yoyo dieting and weight loss/gain, which is why I expected more/quick results this time. Last big loss was 2 years ago (15 kilos on the Cambridge shake diet) which I slowly put all back on, following a new and more stressful job. Cambridge wasn't sustainable which is why I do like this!

Any advice gratefully received, am in the gym 2-3 times a week and trying to move a bit on off days.

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited April 2015
    How tall are you? You don't need to starve yourself on this way of eating (or at all), so unless you're under 5 feet tall (~150cm), then you're eating way too little, which may be another part of your problem.

First, start by reading through the Launch Pad -- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad

Then, head over to the keto calculator to get your values (without more information, no one here can really give you numbers) -- http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Next, go to your Goals section and set your macros and calories in MFP accordingly, by following -- My Home -> Goals -> Change Goals -> Custom

Finally, eat. Right now, don't worry so much about where you're getting your calories from, so long as they're within your carb limit. Make sure you're getting enough food, because right now, that's what you need. You can't expect your body to give up weight when you're not giving it enough fuel to run even the most basic of functions. You've sent your body a very clear message that there's no food to be had, so it's going to do everything it can to preserve the fuel (fat) it has right now, because it doesn't know how long it's going to need it for.

For the next month or so, this is going to be scary. You may even gain some or all of the weight back that you've lost. This is because your body will pretty much rejoice in the fact that the famine is over. Give it at least a month, or better yet, two months, to get used to eating a sane amount of food again, then recalibrate as necessary, after your body has gone back to up-regulating your metabolism.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hi rubymilo. Your fat intake is also impossibly low. You will see that when you go to the keto-calculator that dragonwolf recommended anyway, but when you cut carbs you have to replace them with *something*. Fat is the healthy and satieting choice, along with getting a decent level of protein.