April Challenge - April 7 Check-In

Options
grandmothercharlie
grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
This is our first check-in. Looks like almost everyone has action goals for the month rather than scale/weight goals. Me, too! Here is report for my April goals:

1. Cardio at least 6 days a week! - 7 days!
2. Tai Chi twice! 2x
3. Keep stress managed! Pretty good!
4. Log every day! Oops, skipped Easter. It wasn't pretty!
5. Stick near 1200 calories a day! Oops, Easter blew that, but...

I'm going to change #5 to read: "Keep at least 500 calorie a day deficit based on Fitbit." As you know, I really have been struggling with hunger. I have never really eaten back my exercise, but I am finding that I often burn 800-1200 calories over what I have eaten in a day. Could be why I am so hungry then. I'm going to try keeping a steady deficit as opposed to a static daily calorie count.

I didn't lose, but I didn't gain, so that was a good thing. Not that I'm keeping track. :p

Hope you all had a good Easter. Mine was great fun with the family! Since our beautiful Easter day, I have been singing: "...It isn't raining rain you know, it's raining violets!" Yeah, right! Tell that to my wet feet!

animated-rain-image-0005.gif

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    April is going well for me.
    60 mins./ 5 days a week of Fitness classes or DVDs if weather is bad. DONE! Exceeded this, doing 2 classes most days.

Keep my average daily steps goal at 12000. Done, adding longer walks a couple of days a week so the rest day doesn't bring down the average steps.

Observe one rest day and still maintain the daily steps goal average. Done, Saturdays seem to be relax days still for us, guess our old work days habits are not all broken yet :).

Go to Body Flex 2x a week, on non-consecutive days, to add strength. Done, Tues and Thursdays, turns out the instructors are different so I get a different workout routine each time I go, keeps it interesting!

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    Make sure you've got a plan to reach your goal.

• debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have been hit and miss with getting all my steps in so far this month. Only 3 out of 7 days have I achieved my goal. DRATS. But I haven't put any lbs on, also haven't lost any. I really need to refocus
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have really been watching my calories and have been under almost every day! I've also been checking my nutrition report for weekly calorie count and have been between 300-700 calories under for the last 2 weeks.

My other goals were to eat healthier and I have not made any progress there. I'll keep trying though.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So far so good. Windy weather is cutting into our tennis time, but I'm making up the 50 minutes a day exercise pledge worth other options. Meeting my steps goal. Took a rest day. Yes, I actually did.
    Lost two pounds, although I didn't put that as a goal. Measured to see if there's any progress on the ymca and navy bodyfat readouts. Getting to healthy range on that scale will come, I'm sure. Think positive.
    Charlie, retirehappy, grandmana, congrats on your progress. ANd Deb, You ARE making progress, because you met parts of your goal. You are hereby ordered to give yourself a break, look at what you did achieve, and remember the coming week will be easier without a holiday to contend with. :smile:
    Sharon
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Well, Wednesday is my usual weigh-in day and the news is not good - although I am not surprised. I am doing my best to keep my balance with the special dietary restrictions of Passover but I did eat a few items I would normally not allow myself.

April is also a very busy month for a variety of reasons, so I really am facing down some challenges in terms of stress and lack of exercise time. I would have to say my goal for April is to stay the course as far as planning and recording my food.

I would also like to lose again the three pounds I gained since my last weigh-in. Hopefully it won't take me the rest of April to do it! ~ Kathy
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Kathy, maintaining is a victory at this time of year. Logging is a great tool, yes?
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Sharon, you're right - without logging, I imagine it would have been a 10-pound gain instead of 3!
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I missed lunch one day, so I'm improving with that. I've been doing well with the house or yard work, at least 30 minutes 5 days. Sunday was 90 minutes of light gardening and it felt so good to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. It's been a long time since I could do that due to medical reasons but got the OK to play in the dirt once again.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    @Myrtbbk Go make some mud and squish it through your fingers for us. :-)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    This thread is now closed. Go to the April 14 check-in thread.