Results

Options
JaimeNJ
JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
Just so you are all aware, when you look at my diary, I am no longer following SCD. Not strictly, anyway. My colonoscopy result did show improvement in the diseased area, after 5 months of following the diet strictly. I am not giving up, but I am making some adjustments. The good news is, I am not being put on the "evil meds" I had wanted to avoid in the first place. The plan is, I believe, that we will remove the affected part of my colon. The rest of my colon is fine.

I am going to follow SCD as much as I can without getting myself emotionally worked up like I was on the diet. I did it, and it was hard. I am still eating clean as much as possible at home. I will allow myself an indulgence when I'm a guest or when I'm out somewhere special. I don't want to overdo it. I ate what I wanted this past weekend. Nothing made me "sick," but I didn't especially like the feeling of being full. I slept a lot. Last night I cooked an SCD safe meal, had a small non-SCD dessert, and didn't really like that, either. So I will continue to avoid what doesn't make me feel good, and I will allow myself what does.

I will probably fall a bit dormant in this group because I don't want to be a negative influence or the opposite of support. I hope you all get better results. Be well.

Replies

• kazzicles
    kazzicles Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaime - sorry I only just saw this now - I've been just keeping up day by day while I've had to work extra hours for the last 7 weeks to cover work absences. I hope you are okay and congratulations on taking charge of your health the way that works for you. I feel a bit the same as you in terms of SCD so please don't think you'd be a negative influence in any way - I think it's more important to be honest and real about it. I'm starting to think I might be getting better - certainly I've had improvements in some areas - but I'm far from what I'd consider to be in remission. I've also reintroduced a few non-SCD things but am eating clean most of the time too. My biggest SCD offence is my daily coffee with regular milk. I brought that back in 2 or 3 weeks ago and didn't seem to get worse so I'm sticking with it because it makes me happy in the mornings. I think you're onto a good thing with sleeping a lot - I've found extra rest to be very beneficial. Anyway, congrats on avoiding the evil meds and doing it your way - there is nothing but admiration coming from my corner to yours - this disease ain't easy!