It's my surgiversary!

april731
april731 Posts: 122 Member
One year ago right now I was headed into the OR to get sleeved. I can honestly and without reservation say that it was the best decision I've ever made. I am down 140 pounds this morning (from 323 to 183) with a bit more to go to goal (I haven't settled on exactly what "goal" is just yet). I had my year check up with the surgeon and NUT this morning and both were thrilled with my progress. To quote my surgeon "even if you didn't lose one more pound, I still consider you a great success at this." :smiley:

What I've gained is even more important than what I've lost. I've gained confidence, the physical ability to run more than 6 miles, and a whole new world of clothing options. haha. As exciting as this year has been, I can't wait to see what the future holds.

19717_10104313995894490_8606766785143116089_n.jpg?oh=ffac171afd4c951317dcef888f382019&oe=55ACE814

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    April, you're a great success story and inspiration. Keep up the great work! And most importantly, you look healthy and happy!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    That's awesome!!!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Fantastic!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Wow! You are looking great girl! Way to go! :)
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    You look awesome! What a difference a year makes!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Congrats on such a successful journey this far. You look so healthy and happy now. Inspiration for me, thank you!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Happy surgiversary!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Congrats! My surgiversary is coming up soon. So good to feel so much better. You look amazing.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Wow your body looks great, your mental health is outstanding, a true success.

Thanks for posting
  • april731
    Thanks, all!
  • IslandSneezerooo
    IslandSneezerooo Posts: 268 Member
    Happy surgeriversary!! :) You've come a long way, baby!
  • willowmarie12
    willowmarie12 Posts: 22 Member
    How inspiring you are for me who is 4 weeks out. Thanks for sharing your success! !
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    folks like you are an inspiration to those of us who've only just begun our journey
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    You look fabulous! Congrats!
  • april731
    Thank you!!
  • lmryoung
    lmryoung Posts: 47 Member
    Amazing and inspiring job!! You look great.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    THAT IS AMAZING APRIL!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Great success!! You deserve to feel happy and proud of what you have accomplished.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    April - what an AMAZING success! You are so inspirational! Congratulations!!!
  • april731
    Thank you all SO very much! I have to admit - it's pretty wild to have anyone call me "inspirational." It seems like just yesterday I was daydreaming about losing ANY weight. What a crazy, wonderful year this has been! Year 2 is all about finishing what I started (hopefully!) and then learning to maintain.