Getting levels checked today

Options
indianarose2
indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
I've been humming along nicely for the past few years on a compounded t4/time released t3 formulation until...I started exercising/lifting/losing weight. Now feeling wonky and am going to ask about a natural thyroid replacement instead. I've always been curious about trying one but my formulation has worked so well for years that I didn't want to mess with success. Symptoms have been under control over that time but have really struggled with anger/impatience since being diagnosed years ago. Hoping the natural thyroid might help with that. Also going to ask for a scan/ultrasound as I've never had one and am in some disbelief about Hashis as I've never had antibodies. I just want to know how much function I've got and what causes the dysfunction you know?!

Replies

• indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Doc prescribed Nature thyroid plus the following labs: free t3/t4, magnesium, D3, DHEA, sonogram! Recheck in 6 weeks. I'm pretty excited to try the natural thyroid. Only thing is I'll be taking 2xs per day. I hope I can remember...!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I set a timer in my phone to remind me to take my 2nd dose. (Cytomel, rather than Armour.)