A reminder of why I choose low carb

Options
tiffanycherie
tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
Whenever someone says they keep losing and gaining the same 3 to 5lbs.
Whenever someone says they have been eating everything in site and they need to get serious.
This by far is not the only reasons I choose low carb but definitely a reminder of why low carb works for me. Consistent results and not snacking on everything in site. It's a vicious cycle and I have been there, done that, said the same thing.
What are your daily reminders of why you choose low carb?

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hearing my friend who carries all her excess weight around her middle, say she's now diabetic and having slight heart issues. Hearing same friend tell me she snacks all day long. That same friend exclaiming over the weight I have lost.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Stable blood sugar. I don't crash after lunch. I used to get so hungry but dread eating because I knew I would just feel like crap afterward. I don't get that anymore. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I can go all evening getting the kids together (play time, supper for them, bath for all of them, storytime, bedtime snuggles) without feeling like I'm going to bite someone's head off because I haven't had a "proper meal." I'm not struggling to stay within a certain calorie limit (which may or may not actually matter--see the April challenge!) because I'm not overeating. I can go to any restaurant or fast food joint and eat a satisfying meal without blowing my "diet." I just feel so much better. And, like I've said before, I can eat cheese!!!! :)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Oh yeah....bacon.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hearing my friend who carries all her excess weight around her middle, say she's now diabetic and having slight heart issues. Hearing same friend tell me she snacks all day long. That same friend exclaiming over the weight I have lost.

THIS! I had an aunt that died at 42 (i am 38) of a heart attack and have all heart disease on my dad's side of the family. No one on his side of the family has died of anything but a heart attack in at least 3 generations. Plus i have a friend who is a year and a half older than I am, has always carried all her weight around her middle and how has major heart issues and is going to go in for angioplasty and possible stints.

It makes me so much more stringent and willing to keep following my LCHF diet and moving my body more to help my insulin stay lower.

and bacon!
  • tiffanycherie
    Options
    Hearing my friend who carries all her excess weight around her middle, say she's now diabetic and having slight heart issues.

that sucks! Yes, thats a big reminder
  • Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My daily reminders are the success stories and the fact my belly is getting smaller (well it was when I didn't mess up anyway ;) )
    But this thread has reminded me that other good reminders are my PCOS, the diabetes on both sides of my family and my heart condition, I'm hoping there will be benefits for my heart on this way of eating anyway :)
    Plus my mum complaining about her lack of weight loss on a high carb diet
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. My weight loss seems to be slowing down, but I feel so much better when eating LC...needed the reminder!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    My wrists don't hurt. I'm not constantly nauseated, on the pot, or listening to my stomach rumble. I don't get heartburn I can feel in my ears anymore. I have more energy.

Nobody in my family dies of heart issues. If they don't die from cancer, they die from old age. However, EVERYBODY has digestive issues, but nobody thinks it's anything to worry about.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Because low carb/high fat crushes my hunger. Since starting this WOE, I have stopped binging, stopped eating at night, and stopped going over my calories. I have had a weekly loss for 11 weeks in a row.
  • tiffanycherie
    Options
    gerrielips wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread. My weight loss seems to be slowing down, but I feel so much better when eating LC...needed the reminder!

YES, me too!!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Because low carb/high fat crushes my hunger. Since starting this WOE, I have stopped binging, stopped eating at night, and stopped going over my calories. I have had a weekly loss for 11 weeks in a row.

OMG, yes! I totally forgot about the binges.....
  • tiffanycherie
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    My wrists don't hurt. I'm not constantly nauseated, on the pot, or listening to my stomach rumble. I don't get heartburn I can feel in my ears anymore. I have more energy.

Nobody in my family dies of heart issues. If they don't die from cancer, they die from old age. However, EVERYBODY has digestive issues, but nobody thinks it's anything to worry about.

For me its my knee.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    The biggest reminder for me is that hubby can't seem to keep his hands off me. It's awesome!
    There are other reminders, of course, but that is the most fulfilling.
  • Quatroux
    Quatroux Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is just so easy compared to the challenge of achieving/maintaining a healthy weight on any other diet.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The biggest reminder for me is that hubby can't seem to keep his hands off me. It's awesome!

SOOOOO agree. :) My guy can completely wrap his arms so far around me that he can almost grab his own shoulders cross wise with me INSIDE them, which feels decadently sensual...

And he can't keep his hands off my hips!! No better compliment than that!!
    Mami1976D wrote: »

And dear gods above and below, the irrational cravings and binges. Eating entire packages of things meant to last weeks in an hour or less!!! Repeatedly.

And stress eating....oh my!!!

And BM's!!! They used to be hell on earth, but I'm getting better. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

SOOOOO agree. :) My guy can completely wrap his arms so far around me that he can almost grab his own shoulders cross wise with me INSIDE them, which feels decadently sensual...

And he can't keep his hands off my hips!! No better compliment than that!!
    Mami1976D wrote: »

And dear gods above and below, the irrational cravings and binges. Eating entire packages of things meant to last weeks in an hour or less!!! Repeatedly.

And stress eating....oh my!!!

And BM's!!! They used to be hell on earth, but I'm getting better. :)

Plus - the energy that makes me finally feel like a real human. Not living in a fog, and actually being able to get out of bed in the morning without a dozen alarms, a human shovel, or a forklift!!!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options

I've been noticing this lately too.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    No more daily headaches that require Ibuprofen to deal with. That's one of my biggest ones.

Not fighting sugar cravings all the time.

Not feeling like I'm starving even though I've eaten 2000 calories (now, I can eat 1400-1800 and be fine).

Being able to postpone meals when needed (didn't eat until 2:30 or something like that yesterday, was nice) and don't get that "must eat NOW!" feeling.

Not getting the massive 5-10lb daily swings in weight.

I don't feel so bloated. While my weight loss is slow (thanks to PCOS), and often non-existent, and while I still have quite a bit of weight to lose still, I don't feel "fat," like I do when I eat a bunch of carbs/sugar.
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do it because it is the only way I can lose weight, feel good and because my husband is a brittle diabetic and has to follow a LC diet as well.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the bloating! Because now I no longer feel out of breath after eating. My stomach no longer bloats so big that it pushes on my already hyperexpanded lungs!