Body Weight Exercises

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
I was such a novice when I first began my journey and spent hours in the gym. I was doing the same exercises over and over day in and day out. My body hit a plateau and that is where I began to struggle.

I was introduced to home exercises and have never looked back. I have learned so much from all of the extensive programs I have done that I realized I was looking at fitness all wrong. I didn't know you were supposed to switch up your workouts everyday. I didn't know you were supposed to have strength training. With strength training you can do one of two things. You can lift weights (and I love this) or you can use the weight of your own body. How fantastic is that?

Here are some simple exercises you can do right in the comfort of your own home.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-bodyweight-moves-that-burn-fat-fast/

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Ouch...at the mention of burpees! I did burpees for the first time watching the DVD I am using. Then I went to work and tried to explain how to do them (without me actually doing them)...the result was hilarious!! My colleague was actually sort of squatting down and kicking up like a donkey would!! It is all about how we communicate accurately!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Your co-worker was doing a donkey kick. That is actually in one of Tony Horton's workouts in P90x3. Yeah, I used to hate those burpees, but now I kind of like them. It definitely works the core.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I have to do the modified version....I still can't hold a plank for more than 10 seconds, and trying to coordinate that burpee to kick those legs out is just not quite there yet!! BUT having said that, I am getting better at those exercises in the 21 day fix DVD...and my bum is not aching much anymore!!! SO that is something positive!!lol
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Yeah those burpees can be a challenge. Modify as much as you need to. There are times where I have to slow my pace so I am making sure I am doing them correctly. Hope you have a great weekend.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    You have a super weekend too Julie!!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Ugh! Just did the lower fix....squats all the way!!! Killers!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Ugh...again! Just did those Pilates! Yesterday I could touch my nose to my knee for the cool down...but NOT today!!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    You are making progress Nancy and that's what matters. You are doing great. Sorry I have not posted. I have family in town and I have been fighting a sinus headache. This stupid pollen here is killing me. How has your weekend been?
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Well another sandstorm rolled in last night and still here! And the apartment bldg water is off...can't wait to do my exercises in a minute....and no shower for work before I go in!! Looks like I break out the bottled water for a 'sponge bath'! lol Oh joy!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Oh no. I'm sorry to hear about no water. We really don't understand how essential these must haves are until we don't have it. As a kid, my dad was military and we would experience at least one hurricane a year. We would typically lose power for a few days. It made things a little more challenging, but we made it through. Hope you have a better day Nancy.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Water went back on around 10 am....I had text my staff to say do NOT drink water, tea or coffee this morning!! No toilets would flush either! By 3 pm things got back to normal! Thanks!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    That's good to hear.