New to groups

Options
Hi all. I'm 53, a wife, mother of 4, and grandmother of 2. I am so tired of being fat and tired, I just want to be healthy! I have lost weight in the past on the Atkins diet but gained it all back and then some after stopping it. I know all the right things to do: eat less, exercise, drink water, get enough sleep, etc., but have had such a hard time staying motivated. I know this needs to be a lifestyle change. I joined MFP a few weeks ago and it has been a tremendous help with staying aware of how much I am eating, and I've even started drinking water (I've never been a water drinker), so I know I am on the right track. Now if I can just get motivated to move. I work out of my home and seem to spend most of the day sitting. Anyhow, I usually tend to be more of a reader with these kind of things rather than a participant, but I am hoping that by participating, it will keep me more accountable. I would love to lose around 50 pounds. Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated! :smile: